Cleveland Guardians instead of Cleveland Indians

Epic!

Well until the ā€œSpark plugsā€ find a lobbyist to cause an uproar that a spark plug matters just as much as a pistons.

Tigers are somewhat endangered so there must be a cause there?

Lions are clearly upset that their ā€œKing of the Jungleā€ rep might come under scrutiny of their NFL avatars canā€™t win a playoff game.

Iā€™m not sure who will be offended by a Red Wing, but there arenā€™t any Blue Finz, or Green Tails, so maybe?

1 Like

They make cars in Cleveland. Should have renamed the team the Cleveland Engines :grimacing:

3 Likes

I see what you did there.

I think the team has been The Cleveland Indians for 100 yearsā€¦but say 50. I never get why you must change the names that have been around 50+ years !!! Itā€™s ignorant.

2 Likes

KC Chiefs are next.

I also think the Boaton Celtics should be forced to change their name.

Or at least their mascot. I mean does this guy even look Irish? Whereā€™s the curly red hair? Besides Celtic is a derogatory term used to describe an Irishmen and Scott. The English threw it around in a derogatory way.

(Tad of sarcasm incase anyone was wondering)

2 Likes

I feel like Pistons is offensive. What about the drive shaft, the engine, transmission, carburetor ? More discrimination. :wink:

just having fun w/ya, men.

And what about electric vehicle owners? Or people who donā€™t have cars? The term Piston is exclusionary and not inclusive enough.

2 Likes

Hey! Iā€™m still adjusting to all of this stuff, bro. Doing my bestā€¦cut me some slack here.

Apologies to all electric car owners.

Its not good enough to just apologize. You must be an ally and actively reject combustion engines. But, you canā€™t say engine because it was once used as a derogatory term.

Also, donā€™t say ā€œcutā€ me some slack. Cut is a violent term and we are no longer condoning verbal violence. Say ā€œto separate via mechanical means.ā€ Also, donā€™t call me bro. That assumes my preferred pronouns. Ask me each time you are going to address me what my preferred pronoun I would like for that particular conversation. But you have to ask each time, do not just use the last one because I may have evolved since then. For this conversation I prefer to be referred to as 300Z. So the proper statement would be ā€œIā€™m still adjusting to all of this stuff, 300Z.ā€

Its all pretty simple and straight forward once you know the rules. I donā€™t know why it doesnā€™t come naturally to non-binary humanoids.

4 Likes

I have Muuuuuch work to do.

LOL

Thatā€™s what 300Z said!

Blockquote[quote=ā€œwesleysh21, post:30, topic:11089, full:trueā€]

Its not good enough to just apologize. You must be an ally and actively reject combustion engines. But, you canā€™t say engine because it was once used as a derogatory term.

Also, donā€™t say ā€œcutā€ me some slack. Cut is a violent term and we are no longer condoning verbal violence. Say ā€œto separate via mechanical means.ā€ Also, donā€™t call me bro. That assumes my preferred pronouns. Ask me each time you are going to address me what my preferred pronoun I would like for that particular conversation. But you have to ask each time, do not just use the last one because I may have evolved since then. For this conversation I prefer to be referred to as 300Z. So the proper statement would be ā€œIā€™m still adjusting to all of this stuff, 300Z.ā€

Its all pretty simple and straight forward once you know the rules. I donā€™t know why it doesnā€™t come naturally to non-binary humanoids.
[/quote]

My head hurtsā€¦

1 Like

We donā€™t say ā€œheadā€ because some may perceive it as a reference to a part of a penis, which is a non-gender specific sex organ. However since some mistakenly believe that only men have penises, it continues the oppression brought to others thru toxic masculinity and the stereotypical patriarchal dominant culture.

Superstore GIF by NBC

2 Likes

1 Like

Brilliant and hilarious exemplification of this phenomenon.

Hilarious!
Silly meā€¦
Its the Apophenia meds that Iā€™m onā€¦

The Cleveland Riverfires would have been more locally appropriate.

Keltics (phonetically correct spelling) mascot is black Irish ( from Spaniard immigration in 1600s).

You are right, they should be the Hibernians or Gaels.

1 Like

The Cleveland :poop:

1 Like

The first team to use an emjoi as their name even, lol!