Clowney just browned himself

1 year, 10 mill.

If healthy, the Browns could have a decent pass rush this year.

If Clowney was actually worth pass rusher money…he would have gotten it. He got “We’re not sure you’re a pass rusher but you play the run fine and get a few sacks” money for a year or two…

Yknow, like Flowers should have gotten…

3 Likes

Clowney and Garret. Nice. (for 1 to maybe 1.5 games anyway)

Clowney’s career has been mostly hype, and he gets injured every other game. He’s on the same career path as Ziggy Ansah unfortunately.

1 Like

Clowney just “Waffle Stomped” his career down the drain…

If you don’t know what that means…consider yourself healthy of mind and clean of knowledge that should remain forever unknown.

3 Likes

Never would’ve guessed that’s what a waffle stomp was, but on the plus side now I know what to call it.

1 Like

Clowney might make more money as a repeat 1-year rental than any player in history. If it pays the bills, it pays the bills.

FitzMagic says “Helllooooo!” to Clowney’s One and Done contracts

I wonder what the numbers shake out like. Technically Fitz has done some “2 and done” scenarios which would bring Sam Bradford into the equation as far as sheer dollar value. Bradford made $24M off of 1 year with the Eagles, then $25M off of 2 years with the Vikings then another $16M off of 1 year with the Cardinals.

Do we count Fitz’s giant contracts that were supposed to last 4 or 5 years, but then he got cut after 1 year? The teams signing him didn’t think they were doing a 1 year deal at the time.

[quote=“wesleysh21, post:9, topic:9983, full:true”]

2 Likes

55cdcc8214000077002e2e52

Deion let his “Soul Glo” for a new team every year. Trail Blazer of the 1 year contract.

The Browns are not Clowns anymore! Good pickup IF healthy

There actually hasn’t been much of that in Fitz’s career. The Bills signed him to a 3 year contract and then extended him 6 years at the tail end of that. That obviously didn’t work out and he got released. After that he signed a 2 year deal with the Titans (played 1), the Texans signed him to a 2 year deal (played 1 then traded to Jets for 2nd year), he played well for the Jets so they gave him a 1 year deal, then he signed two 1 year deals with the Bucs, then he signed a 2 year deal with the Dolphins and now he’s on a 1 year deal with the WFT.

So the only team that ever committed to Fitz long term was the Bills back in 2011. He is going into his 9th season playing on 1 and 2 year deals since that time.

He was offered more by them last year and more years…smh. Big financial blunder…

Clowney is a “peaked in high school” dude. He’s a legend in his own mind. Too much success came at him too quickly and he’s been reading the press clippings ever since. When he basically mailed it in his last year at SC I knew he wasn’t going to amount to much in the NFL. At this point his reputation from 8 years ago and hoping some dumb coaching staff will think they can motivate him.

1 Like

I read some stat that whatever team he is on leads the league in having reverses run against them and to his side of the field…he can not diagnose it. There is a reason he keeps getting these 1 year deals and then goes somewhere else.

1 Like

Welcome home. I hope you enjoyed your 2 month hiatus.

1 Like

Hey bro, good to talk to you. I hope you are good, I am doing well. This is all for @BigNatty he has been trying to get me back on here for a minute. :joy:

3 Likes