Clyde Edwards Helaire is tearing it up!

A friend always uses the line “well, it may be short, but at least it’s thin.”

1 Like

His vision is excellent. He had some good holes to run through, but he made something out of nothing plenty of times too. His jukes are phenomenal. He even trucked a safety and should have scored again (he was knocked over by a teammate). He was my favorite RB in the draft and while granted, his landing spot helps a lot, he’s going to have a ten year career there so I’d say it’s pretty certain he has a good career.

But he ran a 4.61 40…he can’t be good

4 Likes

Who was their running back when Damian was injured ? How did Damien do against the number one defensive team in the superbowl when he was healthy ?

He is built like a running back should be, thicker legs, low center of gravity, and great combo of quickness and power.

4.6 is fine for a strong RB. Not so great for a DB trying to cover freak receivers. Sorry.

Jonathan Taylor and JK Dobbins are better pure runners IMO. Seems CEH and Swift were the most well rounded.

I really wanted Dobbins tbh. Ettienne as well had he come out.

I think Ettienne is the best of that group mentioned.

I think CEH has the best jukes, the best contact balance, and his vision’s up there with the best of them. I like Taylor too - I had he and CEH atop my board - but he wins with athleticism and strength and very good vision too. If he sees a crease, he has the ability to get through it.

I think Etienne really struggles with his vision (which is too bad since I’ve had him on one of my devy fantasy teams for three years now… just turn pro already!). He runs right into his linemen and defenders too often for my taste. It’s almost like he’s moving too fast to slow up. Actually he and Hubbard are slightly similar in that regard. But give them a crease and they’re gone.

As you know I’m a Hubbard fan. I love RBs with juice.

Ettienne is so dynamic in the screen game. I do get the skepticism between the tackles though. I actually think Hubbard is going to be a decent interior runner bc of the preternatural tilt. I’ve never seen anyone run with lean quite like that. Pretty sure it’s the speed skating background.

To be perfectly honest, with skill position players I kind of turn into a fanboy and just want us to draft guys that I would love to watch every week. Ettienne fits that bill. That’s why I’m higher on Rondale Moore than other ‘21 WR prospects that may be better suited to the pro game.

I think that if Hubbard ends up in the right situation like CEH and Dobbins did, he could be a star. Can you imagine him one-cut skating (heh) through the zone blocks in San Francisco? He’d be a faster Arian Foster. Ask him to make one cut is best… his vision isn’t awful (I think it’s better than Etienne’s), but I wouldn’t call it one of his strengths either. If he ends up in a man blocking scheme, or behind a line that gets no push, I think he might struggle a little.

He does glide like no one I’ve seen since probably the days of Dickerson.

And you’re right, Etienne is great as a receiver. It’s not that I don’t think he can succeed, just that like Hubbard, he needs to go to the right situation.

Journey Brown, on the other hand, I think can succeed anywhere.

I’m with you on Rondale Moore. That guy is a star.

I do too. He was my favorite before he decided to stay in school.

Journey Brown is fast as hell. Might have better wheels than Ettienne even. So many quality RB prospects coming out these days.

Kansas City didn’t even have a running back with 500 yards rushing last year during the regular season.

1 Like

It’s amazing how well an O-line can look when you have a good RB running the ball.

CEH was patient, exploited creases, and was making guys miss. The O-line is pretty much the same O-line as last year that couldn’t create a 500 yard rusher during the regular season, same scheme as well…and even last night there were many plays that CEH had no hole or nowhere to run. I think 15 of his rushes went for 19 yards. The rest of KC’s running backs rushed for 28 yards on 9 carries for 3.1 yards per carry.

So yeah, the Texans d-line was not manhandled.

Answer the questions lmao. Fyi Damian missed five games and was two yards off 500

Add in his three playoff games and he’s at 700 yards for 14 games.

CEH was very good . The O-Line is very much the same as last year I agree.
Last years KC RB’s were very good as well, the opportunity for them was very different than the 25 carries Helaire saw last night . With McCoy and Williams having over 200 touches they avg 4.6 yards per rush Comparing Helaire to the other KC RB’s from last night is not relevant …

Anthony Sherman had 1 attempt on 4th and 1 and got 2 yards
Darrel Williams had 7 attempts , Half of them in obvious running situations .

Helaire is in a great situation , Helaire will deliver when the offense is wide open and the yardage dictates pass and they run & on early downs when the Defense is guessing …

When the defense is keying on him and in obvious run situations against stacked boxes he will look ordinary as he did last night .

When I say the Texans D-Line was manhandled it is in reference to how they perform on 1st and 2nd Down and the yards a RB gets prior to being contacted …any Defensive line can shine in obvious short yardage predictable run plays but when Mahomes was taking the snap and running rpo and Helaire was runing inside zone the O-Line killed them …Helaire was making LB’s and Safeties look bad once he got through untouched

I disagree with the idea that he did nothing on his own. There were multiple times the blocking wasn’t great and he shimmied through a small opening, or made something out of nothing. Yes, there were times it was blocked well and he did well on those too.

But here are the facts, CEH is going to spend his entire career with Mahomes, which means there is a good chance he puts up huge numbers. This idea that he’s some marginally talented guy will fade drastically with every 2000 total yard season. He was my top back coming into the draft, and because his landing spot was so great, he’s on his way to a great career.

For what it’s worth (and to appease your homerism), I also think Dobbins landed in a great spot, and he gets to play his whole career with Jackson, so he should thrive too. It’s just that it won’t really take off until next year.

Not remotely saying he did not do things on his own …he had some carries that were blocked for a couple yards and he made more out of it than what was blocked …his vision was great , start and stop was impressive …He has real burst

22 of his 25 carries came on 1st or 2nd down…he has a skill set . He also had 11 carries in the 4th quarter when he was being keyed on and managed 2.6 yards per carry . He also had 7 carries inside the 10 yard line for negative 2 yards .