Colts w/Matt Ryan…. Seems like an easy path-

The Colts are getting all kinds of love on NFL Total Access for their chances with Matt Ryan….

Great OL
M Ryan
M Pittman/P Campbell/TY/Alie-Cox
J Taylor

Great OL
J Goff
Chark/ASB/JReynolds/Hock
Swift/???

I would say adding Breece Hall or K Walker in round 2 puts us on par offensively, even if we don’t draft a WR

Yannick
Buckner
G Stewart
K Paye

??
D Leonard
Okereke

Or

T Walker
McNeill
Levi O

Charles Harris
Barnes/Davis
Troy Andersen
Romeo/JOkwara

So no trade downs…

Travon Walker provides the Cam Heyward, Chris Jones, D Buckner type interior rusher and edge setting wall.

L Cine or Brisker provides the missing piece in the defensive backfield.

B Hall or K Walker provide the potential home run, 30 carry, click killing workhorse.

Muma or T Anderson provide the stat sheet filling MLB

That draft still leaves us a late 3rd if a WR or TE threat falls.

I’m sorry, but that draft puts us very similar to the 2022 Colts. We’d still have cap flexibility and high end draft capital next year too

1 Like

I like this draft. It would really set us up. Even though I like KT better. But I think we have multiple drafts to go the get like the colts. Jonathan Taylor alone makes this convo a wash without even looking to their defense. Idk that Kenneth walker reaches that level but maybe.

How do we get muma or Anderson and end up
With a 3rd still and you think they will live up to Darius Leonard’s level??

Not trying to be critical but acting like Travon Walker, Walker/ Hall, and MumA/Anderson can come in year 1 and have the same impact as Buckner, Leonard, and Taylor is a stretch to say the least. Those guys are among the best 5 players at their position in the entire NFL.

3 Likes

When the Lion’s were down to their 5th string RB and 3rd string center, they were still on pace to have their best season running the ball since 1997. They averaged 4.4 ypc for the season. Swift missed 4 games, Williams missed 4 games and our starters and backups on the OL missed how many games? If any team thinks that Hall and Walker = Taylor then neither one gets out of the first round. RB is a group that if I addressed it at all it would be late in the draft. In my Jan mock I had us taking Pierre Strong but he killed the combine so he’ll never make it to the 5th where we pick, but Tyler Goodson might.

And has already been covered you’re basically asking our draft picks not to just work out but be all pro level in their first season. I do think with a good draft we can take a big step forward but not the leap you think is possible.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.