Cominsky, Analzone, and Buggs

If you’d like to know how @Cap feels, I dare you to start a post about upgrading the Lions QB position. :joy:

2 Likes

Snags you always have the option of ignoring my posts if you don’t like them. I don’t have an agenda, just sharing my thoughts.

1 Like

Ignore button is a glorious feature. When someone starts sniping for you, flame baiting, or just being unconsciously super-needy…boom!!! Ignore! Even in short stints, it can let some of the “noise” out of your life

2 Likes

Again, you fail to answer my questions.
It’s ok, I think everyone can see your agenda.

2 Likes

I was first on the bandwagon for Hutch’s mom, er, I mean Hutch.

3 Likes

I think Cap is Haley and that would explain a lot.

When I asked Cap is she was Haley she didn’t answer. So I am thinking I maybe onto something.

1 Like

Who is Haley?

Eminem’s daughter?

1 Like

Sorry I meant Kylie

His long time GF/Fiancé

1 Like

We could never trade for Zach Wilson. Too Milf reckless.

2 Likes

You obviously have not followed my post. I’ve stated several times that I have known Barnes since childhood, however you can believe what you want. As a matter of fact the boys club where Barnes is mentoring is practically right across the street from the high school I graduated from in 1978, Holmes High.

I answered your question, I don’t have an agenda, I’m just sharing my thoughts about what I see. Apparently you don’t like my answer so that’s a conspiracy too LOL.

You will find that I am not a guy that follows along with the program blindly. I am a free thinker and observer. The people that have an agenda have something to gain by what they are trying to get the masses to believe, I have nothing to gain by posting my thoughts. Again you are free to ignore them if you don’t like them.

In my opinion it is you, and guys/ poster like you who have an agenda. You often time try to undermine my post with false accusations about me and perpetuating misconceptions as oppose to dealing with the facts of the posts. I have been called everything in the book, from conspiracy theorist to Barnes’ mom, dad or girlfriend none of which is true. The truth is, I am a fan of Barnes and I see inconsistencies in how he has been treated as a Lion and I often use Anzalone in comparison because he is a friend of Campbell and Glenn, that is a fact that no one on this forum has ever disputed. That friendship allows him special privileges.
$
Barnes has a short time in which he can make a living for his family so opportunities/snaps are very important at this stage in his career. I see people on this forum writing him off already after two years, they believe the hype.

The good news is Barnes will get a real opportunity, not because of Campbell or Glenn, but because he has earned it. It will be with the Lions or with some other team.

NOT 1 WORD OF THAT IS TRUE.

The truth Barnes isn’t a very good LBer at this point and has shown it on the field. You conveniently list only his good plays and one decent game. Not once have you even acknowledged his mistakes and poor play or being out of position. It’s always just throw him in there to learn at everyone else’s expense and the teams. You refuse to acknowledge how many young players are starting and producing yet Barnes is being pick on. Everyone else’s see a guy that is coming along but has not been good enough to stay on the field. He was a liability early on and seemed to be a slow learner. He was picked in the 4th Rd not the 1st or 2nd. So this mentality that he is this plug and play player is all in your love for the kid. You might be the only one seeing it from your point of view.

3 Likes

You somehow reminded me of the conversation Josh Paschal and ARSB had sitting on the bench during one of the mic’d up games. Paschal as a rookie was saying how in the NFL EVERY PLAYER is good. You can’t just win on talent. He seemed a little in awe of it. ARSB agreed and said something like “its the little things that make a difference at this level”. I loved that exchange. I love to see the young dudes figuring it out.

3 Likes

If there is a guy hanging on because of friendship it’s way more Glenn to me than Anzalone. I thought Anzalone was pretty decent, and the times he didn’t look that good, it looked more like sh*tty coaching, like he didn’t know where to be, a trait he shared with the entire secondary, not just 1 guy.

Sorry but if you go back to the start of this thread, there was not one person mentioning Barnes until post 12 by you. So yes, you are the one that starts this whole Barnes vs Anzalone. So again, you are wrong and making stuff up.

Cap

2d

Yeah he did get a little better after 1080 snaps. I didn’t see enough improvement to keep him. The Lions would have been better off allowing the younger players Rodrigo and Barnes get more snaps/ experience. Anzalone out snapped Barnes by more than 700 snaps. That is a lot of experience loss he will never get back, the same is true for last year 1100 snaps over the two years combine.I don’t understand why you draft a guy and then limit his snaps. - Cap

Yeah, that’s the business of the NFL, right?!? All these B level players are hoping for that big 2nd contract. Heck, even the A level guys are one injury from having their career trajectory changed or even ended. If Barnes steps his game up, then someone like Anzalone or Chris Board gets cut and don’t score that big contract and instead are playing on one year deals for just above vet minimum.
There are other ways to make a living for your family than the NFL. Hopefully Derrick is smart with his money like a Ryan Broyles for instance. Derrick is making just over 1 million a year, if he wants to make more money, he has to become better at his craft (if that is within his abilities), not every player in the NFL has that in them. The NFL is survival of the fittest, the best players are going to get the most money. Every team has probably 30 players that have a similar story to Barnes, if he becomes a better player, there’s no doubt in my mind that he’ll get a bigger payday…but so far, there’s nothing to suggest that Derrick deserves to be on the field more than any other player. And to suggest that he should play more to get experience isn’t always a great strategy either. You can give guys like Kris Durham all the playing time they can handle and it doesn’t help because they don’t really belong in the NFL.

Anywho, I have no dog in this fight. Again, I hope Derrick becomes a Ray Lewis type of LB’er for the Lions.
The Lions coaching staff are really no different than the players, they have a job to do and that is win games. They will play their best players, if they felt like playing Derrick would increase their chances of winning, they’d play him. Like it or not, once we got rid of Anthony Pleasant, the Lions (with Anzalone) went 8-2.

I know you want to see Derrick succeed in the NFL. He may or may not, that’s more to do with him and his abilities than this witch-hunt your on trying to crucify every player and coach blaming them for Barnes not playing more. There’s nothing wrong with having to play behind better players to improve your game. Heck, Michael Jordan didn’t make his highschool team one year. He used that as motivation to make himself better, he didn’t blame the coaches and players in front of him. Take a chill-pill and enjoy watching Barnes play in a league that most players don’t get to, enjoy watching him get better instead of putting so much energy into blaming coaches.

1 Like

I agree with the coaching analogy and is also the reason Barnes was out of position at times. This is exactly what I am talking about, Barnes gets bad mouthed,(from tcmouse “ The truth Barnes isn’t a very good LBer at this point and has shown it on the field. He was a liability early on and seemed to be a slow learner), yet Anzalone was the product of bad coaching.

When I say that Barnes has been mis- handled and coached badly. I get accused of being a conspiracy theorist. The coaching staff as a whole has been under fire all year this year, especially early on, and all of last year, but when I point to the coaches as being a big part of the problem Barnes was/ is having I’m a conspiracy theorist, WOW???

The defense looks very incoherent to me, like a bunch of buddies playing backyard football. And the lack of halftime adjustments is mindboggling. I know the Lions are on the upswing but the defense isn’t going to coach itself anytime soon. I’ve seen individual players improving but no improvement in team cohesion or in-game adjustments.

During our winning streak we had major run defense failings in Chicago and Charkotte. Otherwise our D was decent during that period. We clearly need to upgrade our secondary. But our best defensive players are all 22-24 years old. They’re going to improve.

1 Like