Commanders to be bought by 76ers ownership?

Out of the frying pan and into the fire. I guess they are just going to have to trust the process.

1 Like

Weird that an owner in the Philly market is buying the Commanders. Wonder how Sixers/Eagles fans feel about it.

2 Likes

Rumor is that they are hiring Sam Hinkie as GM to purposefully suck for nine years before hiring their real GM.

2 Likes

DeVoss owns the Orlando Magic.
I find that strange too.

Link?

Just askin’…

1 Like

First response is, that I don’t see an issue here.

1 Like

From Snyder to Magic Johnson, fitting that guy known for bullying and intimidation in the workplace will now be a big figure with a team named the “Commanders”

So, its same-o same-o in DC…

2 Likes

I was under the impression that the rule was if you owned an NFL team, you could not own another franchise in another sport if it wasn’t in the same city.

Is there a bypass where if it’s part of an “ownership group”, it’s superseded as long as it’s not one person or that person isn’t the majority owner?

For example, and I could be wrong on this, but I don’t think Mark Cuban as sole owner of the Mavs could outright buy the Detroit Lions and be sole owner.

Not sure about that one, but speaking of Cuban, his Mavs tank performance was legendary. Resting important players in must win games last week, haha.

At least some teams try to hide the tank, that one was next level obvious.

I think you’ve got that reversed. If you owned an NFL team, you cannot own another franchise in another sport if it WAS in the same city.

Stan Kroenke owns the LA Rams as well as the Colorado Avalanche and Denver Nuggets.

Of course that rule might not exist at all because Kim and Terry Pegula own the Buffalo Bills and the Sabres.

1 Like

That makes sense. So that’s why Illich could never own the Lions. Well thank God for that.

I think they got rid of the rule when the Pegulas bought the Bills.

I was clueless. I had no idea that Magic was a bully of any sort.

Today the NBA announced a $750k fine for that. Which is peanuts for what he gained. Its also interesting that the NBA will probably do whatever it is they do with fine money and won’t refund the fans who bought tickets for a different game than the one that happened.

He’s not. They just needed something to push him out of his power spot in the organization.

2 Likes

Yea I’m sure that fine will teach them a lesson for tanking. Fining a multi billionaire 750,000 is very impressive, lol That’s like fining most people about 5 bucks.

And again, the fans who paid money to watch the game get nothing.

1 Like

Yea, I’m with you man! It’s disgusting really. People pay insane money for tickets, hotels, flights, and then star players take the day off. That’s one of the main reasons why I don’t attend games anymore. If the Lions win a playoff game or two, I might be willing to change my stance, but not until then.

1 Like