Commies not picking up Chase Young's 5th year option

Interesting

1 Like

That’s really stupid

2 Likes

Crazy how badly the best DE/DB combo in recent memory faired.

2 Likes

They can’t keep them all. Sweat has actually proven something.

Wonder what it would cost to take a flyer on Young.

1 Like

I think our staff would be great for Chase Young.

2 Likes

If Washington wants a QB maybe they’d put him in that package :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Regrettably I think they’re pretty tied into trying out Sam Howell for a year. I do think they’re one of the hottest spots for Hooker, especially if they’re letting Bienemy hand pick his own guy.

1 Like

I was thinking Bienemy might push for Richardson

1 Like

Why? He’s been a non-entity for the last two seasons with fewer sacks than even Julian Okwara:

6 Likes

He will go to kc cheap

3 Likes

Future Bear. They’ll over pay him.

1 Like

Never healthy and not THAT good even when healthy. Looks like another Clowney, more hype than substance at least so far.

1 Like

His rookie season was pretty damn good. DROY, highest rated defensive rookie by 13 points (and one of the highest PFF has ever graded). His problem has always been the injuries.

4 Likes

He had a very good rookie year but it was a weak class, in terms of valuing defensive ROY, and I’ve always seen him as a guy that can make the splash play but also disappear at times, sort of like Thibodeaux. I just don’t see him as the generational talent he was billed to be. Good player when healthy but overhyped IMO.

2 Likes

Exactly!! The 5th year option was for 17.5 million for 1 season. He hasn’t done anything close to deserving that much in his career.

4 Likes

Crazy how similar his situation is to Okudah. Average players when on the field, but can’t even get on the field. Probably also would do well to go someplace for a fresh start.

1 Like

Except Okudah had a terrible rookie season and Chase Young won DROY. Until Sauce he was the fourth highest rated rookie defender PFF had ever graded.

2 Likes

I would not call the defensive rookie of the year and 7.5 sacks “average”. He is similar in that the last two years he has played a total of 12 games and has been hurt a great deal. But Okudah never did anything in Detroit…Young at least showed promise his rookie year and had big enough of an impact to win an award as a rookie.

1 Like

Fair enough, but we’re talking several years ago. The “remember when he was good” only lasts so long… but yes I get that Okudah never even showed that

2 Likes

He’s not even at that level yet.