Companion Poll: Ditch Quinn, Patricia, or both?

• Fire Patricia, Keep Quinn
  • Fire Quinn, Keep Patricia
  • Keep Both
  • Fire 'Em All!

0 voters

1 Like

1 Like

To be honest, I don’t even really care. They can have one more year or they can be shown the door and I still wouldn’t care.

3 Likes

That is where I am at

2 Likes

I’m still Inconclusive. I’d for sure give them one more year, and depending on how things go next year…maybe two. Something different has to happen with the defense.

I want them to shake some stuff up. I really respect and appreciate the improvement and work that Agnew has put in, but he doesn’t seem to have the speed he had before the injury. I’d like to see them shake things up. Can Ty do it? Anger scored on one, but he does well, when the blocking in perfect and all he has to do is hit the seam and follow the lane. He doesn’t create, and he doesn’t outrun people the way he used to.

Small things like that. Let’s try something different on D. If Bryant gets healthy, lets get him some experience and see what we have there. We have to try some different things schematically too (I’d think). I feel like we should be experimenting with things on D, as it most definitely isn’t going to get worse.

3 Likes

I want Patricia to have 1 more year to redeem himself. Quinn is his guy, so I’ll support his return for Patricia’s sake. Hopefully MP can influence the personnel for the positive and they’ll show up next year.

1 Like

They both should have one more year. But next year is a big one for them. If it fails like this year did I can’t imagine them getting a year 4.

1 Like

The only funny thing about that is Quinn has said they’re tied at the hip, for better or worse.

Come to think of it, Quinn should just keep his mouth shut, so he doesn’t have to put his foot in it as often.

2 Likes

That would be good advice for him.

Bob, just shut up.

I think Martha hired him because he reminds her of their longtime friend, Tom Lewand.

2 Likes

Been waiting for a decent team all my life. We had a good year, like, what, 30 years ago? What the heck, give them both another year or 10. At this point, who really cares any more?

4 Likes

3 Likes

I just don’t have the interest in this team that I used to have. I haven’t watched the Last 3 games and have missed more games the last 2 years then I did for 35 plus years combined.

4 Likes

I’m willing to give them one more year. Make the playoffs in 2021, or throw the bums out. The team’s inability to keep a lead and mediocre production from high draft picks and big dollar free agents worry me. We overpaid for Jesse James to be a non-factor; and Hockensen looks like a terrible pick. Not a bad player, but if you take a TE that high in the draft with all of the other needs this team had he needed to be the next Gronk or Gonzalez. Tabor was a complete bust, Davis is trending that way, and Kerryon can’t stay on the field. Wagner is solid but not highest paid right tackle in the game solid.

That’s a huge amount of capital that the team is not getting much of a return on.

Despite all of that, the team has remained competitive in almost every game they have lost. We had to expect some growing pains as the roster and scheme got overhauled, though I had hoped for more progress in year 2 than 3-6-1. I want to see what Quinn and Patricia can do next year in a no-excuses environment. Some of us would like to see a playoff win before rising sea levels leave us sitting in a raft with Kevin Costner, sipping a cup of our own pee in the morning.

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat. It used to be that my Sunday revolved around the Lions game…and now, I feel like unless I’m sick or something, I’ll watch them then but otherwise I’d rather go do ANYTHING else.

As I get to this part of my life, I feel like watching the Lions is a waste of life’s precious time.

2 Likes

I guess that depends on each person’s definition of a good year

I’ve got 3 and 4 year old boys. They’re my priority on Sundays now. I’m pretty much only listening on the radio or tracking the score and some ESPN play by play on my phone.

With Stafford hurt, the only real interesting story lines are whether both Golladay and Jones can hit double digit TDs, will Hockenson crack my 42 catches for 500 yards and 4 TDs prediction, and whether guys like Oruwariye and Bryant will have a chance to develop.

1 Like

Tony G wasn’t exactly an all star until year 3:

I am okay with them getting 3 full years together. But I’m trying Ringo, I’m trying real haaarrrrd…to not want to just throw in the towel with these two.

3 Likes

I stand where I have before the last month, that is they get one more season to impress me defensively.
We can ball right now offensive - speaking EXCEPT for some o-line tweaking.

but I’m not excepting the same product next season Quinn ! Put the F up or Get Out !

I think what says it all for Lions fans is most of them don’t really care anymore. They’ve been done wrong for so long they don’t even care. Can’t stop rooting for them, but I don’t care. Tell that to Martha and tell her we got nothing for her. I Will not buy tickets. I will not attend games. I will not buy team merchandise. 60 years in football’s version of hell. I don’t care anymore.

1 Like