Compare and Contrast

Is this a super bowl contender? No. Could they win a playoff game if the matchup is right? Yes. Are they ready to dance w the big boys? Not yet……notice we lost and the media is talking up the jags the exact same way they did the lions. The exact same language and hype. Lions are at the beginning stages of being a really good team for years.

4 Likes

Playoff experience year 2 of a complete teardown and rebuild?
I’ll take it. If they do, I hope they score an upset and get a win too.
Year thee gets a huge jump start. The loss last week was a good lesson for these guys.

5 Likes

Philly got dominated last year in the playoff loss to Tampa.
Some people even thought Hurts was not gonna be the QB of their future.

It’s OK to lose a playoff game.

I’d rather get blown out in a playoff game…
than to have our guys watching one on TV.

This team needs competitive reps in crucial moments.

herm GIF

6 Likes

Yes this is exactly the shorter version of my overly-lengthy rant.

I won’t say “forget the draft”, that’d be silly. But I trust Brad Holmes.

And if you trust Brad Holmes AND have the opportunity to get all these young guys playoff experience this soon in a rebuild? You’d be crazy not to root for them. Well, you’re not crazy, but you certainly have a different opinion than mine.

3 Likes

In terms of real development
Coaching messaging and development and that talent can be found with a hood GM and coaching staff all over the draft

I think there’s values in playing playoff type games and gaining the experience.

It took Favre and GB years of losing before getting past niners and cowboys.

Had 2014 lions come back after the wild card as a full team
I think they’d have been better for it. More prepared even if it cost a few draft slots.

3 Likes

bread GIF

5 Likes

Gents- it’s the same friggin run D we’ve had the last 4 weeks.

They had a bad game. That said- of course they aren’t ready for a playoff game with Philly or Dallas.

We literally have 5 defensive starters who have business starting in the nfl. That’s a big hill to climb.

2 Likes

You lost me? run d was great the past 3 weeks going into the Panthers game.

1 Like

This is where I’m at as well. Take down Chicago and then see where we are at. It very well could be a win and get in vs. GB.

Regardless, every rep this young team takes is another step in their growth. I for one would like them to get even more reps with the playoffs…but Chicago first.

2 Likes

Every game is now a playoff game in essence. Lose and we are out! JUST WIN!!!
Just win as many in a row as you can. Prove yourself ready!

3 Likes

167 yards on 58 carries 2.9 ypc

1 Like

The only difference was the mentally of our players imho: as DC already stated.

They expected to win vs going out and making a win happen play by play…. They got complacent

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.