Comparing ryan broyles and germaine crowell injury to jameson williams

Its a little bit of “do you like Waddle, Smith, or Jeudy”? They are different types of WRs. I think Jameson’s most natural spot with OSU was Olave’s spot. Olave got himself entrenched with the Ohio State coaching staff with good play and a trusted connection. Jamo was outplayed at the Spring Game, apparently, by some of the younger guys. IMO, sometimes a transfer is win/win. I think Jameson could easily be the best pro out of Garrett/Olave and himself. But, one thing I worry about is how he’ll adjust to be being more tightly covered at the NFL level. He’s not one to win 50/50 balls and his play strength might need to improve. Fast as hell though.

JSN is such a smooth operator. He makes everything look so easy. I definitely think he might be the best of the bunch when its all said and done.

2 Likes

He’s a physically stronger player than Wilson, Olave, or Williams.

I think Wilson is best at the catch point when contested. Good leaping ability and bit mitts. A bit undersized tho. Wilson is more elusive than Jamo but Jamo is a threat to house it every time he catches it in stride. I think Jamo gets off the line better than Garrett vs. press.

Olave, to me, is a bit more of a complete route runner. Not great with contested catches, but runs a magnificent route tree. Has this way of getting wide open. Not great with the YAC. Very fast, but doesn’t have the next gear Jamo has.

How about Jerry Rice?

Is he good enough???

Explode Blow Up GIF by reactionseditor

1 Like

This jamoke who started the thread is clearly a Bears (40% chance), Vikings (40% chance) or Packers fan (20% chance) who only pops up when we’ve got a little positive momentum. We probably drafted a couple of guys he really wanted for his real favorite team so he came on here to troll. My eleven-year-old nephew does the same thing.

1 Like

Can your 11 year old nephew spell, because we could use an upgrade.

2 Likes

If it’s the same guy from the old Den Board, he’s a non-native speaker of English, who used to be a Lions fan, but now is only a Lions critic.

Yes, and we are talking about the same Ohio State that left Burrow on the bench only to watch him have one of the greatest seasons in the history of college football with LSU. When you have a loaded roster it can be easy to not realize that you have an even better player sitting on the bench.

1 Like

Jerry rice also had leg injury late , he looked ok

Okay so perhaps a bad example because AP is going to sign his retirement papers and pop them in the mailbox on his walk straight into the HOF. I get it, he’s one of a kind. He’s a machine. But he torn his ACL, was back eight months later and won both the NFL MVP and NFL OPY that year.

1 Like

Yeah, I mean the same thing happened with Justin Fields at UGA when Fromm started over him.

Were going to see more and more of this.

You must’ve torn your cal too, because you never amounted to much after your entry to the den. Come on dude! I get your heritage is different than most here… but can you try at least to compete? You know step up your game a little. Please. I don’t want to dismiss you, but you leave little option

1 Like

Okay, so first of all a players ability to recover and play has nothing to do with his actual playing ability. Second of all Edwards did have a pro bowl season, while playing for shit teams with shit qbs………

I agree but its a waste of time responding when its steaming

2 Likes

When it comes to the changes in athlete injury recovery medicine, Crowell lived in the stone age and Broyles lived the the bronze age. We are not even playing the same ball game anymore when it comes to medicine.

4 Likes

When Ryan Clark was evaluating Jamo before the draft, someone asked about the injury. Clark said something like “I don’t even consider it in my evaluation. Modern medicine has has turned torn ACL’s into NBA ankle sprains. Its nuts.”

2 Likes

I love JSN but I actually think Kayshon Boutte might be a better prospect.

I’m with you, Boutte’s my top guy right now. I might have even had him above Jamo and London in this past class, it would have been close.

@FreebirdPartDeux @farmerted

This is my first time seeing this thread so I’ll try and sum everything up.

In 2020, Olave played the X, Wilson played the H (slot), and Williams played the Z. Essentially, Wilson was in the slot while Olave and Jamo were outside. Wilson played the Z back in his freshman year but we also had seniors KJ Hill, Binjimen Victor, and Austin Mack who were on that team making a 5 man WR rotation with Olave and Wilson.

Wilson has the ability to play the slot but IMO he’s not a slot receiever and should’ve always been playing the Z. In 2020, Olave, Wilson, and Williams were our top 3 WRs with JSN as a freshman and so to get our best guys on the field we moved Wilson to the slot.

Then, when the coaches saw JSN taking off and showing his talent, they put him in the slot where he will belong at the pro level and moved Wilson back outside. Williams was the odd man out because of that and transferred to see playing time. It worked out for all parties involved.

That said, Jamo was always the fastest of the bunch. If we needed someone to run past somebody, it would’ve been him. Wilson is just talented at getting open and catching the ball, Olave is really polished with his routes and has good speed, and JSN just gets open, but none had that 2nd gear like Jamo did.

But like @FreebirdPartDeux mentioned, JSN is going to be the best of the bunch. That Utah game showed everyone that he will be a very great player this year. I wouldn’t be shocked at all if he goes in the top 4 this year with Bryce, CJ, and Will Anderson.

And I think CJ has some work to do as a QB. He’s probably the best processor we’ve had at QB since before Troy Smith and he throws with great anticipation, but he needs to be more consistent and needs to be the reason we win games this year. We didn’t win games because of Stroud other than the Rose Bowl last year. We need to win because of him this year. We won because of Justin Fields every game. That’s why I wanted him so badly.

1 Like

Agree 110% with this.