Congrats to ASB! UPDATE!

With his 139 catches, he is now in the all-time Top 10 for receptions by a player in his first 25 games.

And now has the opportunity to climb the ranks for the all-time Top 25 for receptions by a player in his first two seasons.

This is what he needs and who he will pass:

7 rec. - Andre Johnson (#25)
11 rec - Kennan Allen
12 rec - Randy Moss
13 rec - Wayne Chrebet
17 rec - Amari Cooper
18 rec - Anquan Boldin
23 rec - Larry Fitzgerald
30 rec - Marques Colston
31 rec - JuJu
49 rec - OBJ

If he got to the OBJ mark, he would be #5 ever. Quite the task. Definitely would have to stay healthy. If he goes crazy and balls out and gets 58 more, he would become #1, bumping Justin Jefferson for the top spot.

If you want to asterisk it with a “but two more games”, don’t care. That’s your world feel free to live in it. No matter how you look at it, this is a very impressive list and he is a remarkable young athlete.

10 Likes

Loving it.
Also - Mad props to Brad Holmes.
Can’t wait to compare J-Moss’s numbers to the yardage list (probably won’t be as many catches, but more yards).
Most yards/catch…Guessing Moss is very high in that department too.

Yup, entirely different list all together, and a much tougher task for ASB. He would need 639 yards the rest of the way to dethrone Deshaun Jackson for #25.

Not impossible, but I’ll choose the receptions. First downs and TDs go a lot farther in wins than 40-yard bombs in losses do.

1 Like

Where’s Waddle on that list? He set the rookie record for receptions last year so I imagine he’s working his way pretty high up too.

1 Like

That’s some elite company actually. ■■■■ glad he is here with us!

What do ya know, the black boxes do work! :joy:

3 Likes

Good catch, I completely glossed over that beast. He is already #15 on the top 25, so ASB is also chasing him. Which means they will climb the list together. Currently, Waddle is 16 receptions ahead of ASB.

How is it 2 more games if it’s most receptions in their first 25? :thinking:

2 Likes

Well he has his bye this week, so ARSB should make up quite a bit of ground.

1 Like

That was his milestone for now (Top 10 in first 25). The list I provided that we’re talking about him chasing is for Top 25 receptions for first two seasons.

That is great info. This should be fun to watch. Half a season left let’s get it ASB!

1 Like

Ah, I see, thank you. My reading comprehension isn’t great on Mondays :wink:

How many games has he missed due to injuries?

For the record, this list does not care if you’ve missed time or not. Boldin in his first “two seasons” only played 26. This is just for reference.

ASB has missed all of one game due to injuries. I guess - at least for me - since he has been knocked out of a couple or been limited I figured it was more.

Fun fact: In all 25 games he’s played in, he’s caught at least one pass.

1 Like

All the credit belongs to Goff

:yum:

2 Likes

I do find it interesting that ever since middle of last year, st brown became Goff’s A#1 guy. And that was after an off-season of working with hockenson to get a connection.

I would also like to think having a veteran QB has helped st brown as well. The thing that really impresses me about him though is even though everyone knows he’s our #1 guy, he always gets open. Aside from the couple games he was injured/out he just gets open and makes plays. Him and Goff have really connected well

2 Likes

People can split hairs all they want since Goff missed a couple of games last year, but in essence there is zero untruth in your statement.

2 Likes

Not Stafford?!?!

shocked the princess bride GIF

2 Likes

He’s rapidly becoming one of my favorite players

4 Likes

I was actually thinking a couple of hours ago, “Maybe this will be the first Lions jersey I buy since…”

I’m very tempted. I rarely buy them. It has to be someone I feel is a “can’t miss guy and will be with this team for a while”.

The last one was Slay for a time-reference. That worked out well. F- you MP.

Jack Fox!

2 Likes