Cowboys vs Giants

Terrible call

Lots of $$$$$$ at stake for these refs and at HQ NY.

1 Like

HQ NY is conditioning us all to simply expect them to not do their job on the PI calls and yell at our coaches when they throw the flag.

1 Like

It’s pretty messed up when their rules guy says it’s PI but also acknowledges that it won’t get overturned.

4 Likes

Yeah. Anyone who’s ever played the game knows it is PI.

2 Likes

That’s the conditioning that’s going on. We shouldn’t accept it, but we will.

2 Likes

And AGAIN I have to go back to the ■■■■■■ up fact that the Packers benefitted from the rule change. They got a touchdown by the Vikings taken off the board for OFFENSIVE PI. And it wasn’t even for an “obvious” PI like the ones the reviews have been shitting on. It was a call that was like “that’s offensive PI? Really? I guess, whatever.”

1 Like

But if it happens to the Packers, Dallas, the Saints or the Chiefs…it would suddenly get a PI call that wasn’t called on the field. They condition us to not expect it but they will absolutely call it when they want to

If it gets too bad, I’ll bail. I was a hard core Pistons fan. Literally watched almost every game for over 2 decades. Was a season ticket holder for 4 years too. Literally have watched one full game in the last 10 or 12 years. I am starting to see the NFL going away for me too. Officiating so the best teams can win, instead of retaining the integrity of the game. It’s not okay to sit there and pretend it’s even, and that we really lost.

Yup- still pissed about the GB game.

2 Likes

Not enough people will bail to make a difference. We would need a team to get involved. Someone like Mike Zimmer instructing his players to flat out walk off the field and forfeit the game might get enough attention. Short of that, things are going to keep going the way they are going unless somehow the Packers get screwed by it…which they won’t. They are one of the only teams benefitting from it, just like we said they would.

The 1st, simplest step would be an owner like Martha Ford telling her coach that she’ll pay the fines handed down by the league for anything he says after a rogering like we took in GB.

I could see O’Brien going off in Houston.

At some point the harm done to the league by the refs is greater than the harm done by a coach’s criticism of officiating. We have reached that point. They are due a blistering criticism from a coach and the players. We just need the owner willing to let them unload.

I completely agree with all of this. It’s all about money, and nobody cares if I stop watching or not. I’m just saying, it saddens me a bit to say, I will quit watching, when it gets bad enough. They truly are following the model of the NBA and trying to help the more popular teams. With passing of every new rule, the officials have more power. The “reviewable PI calls,” is the biggest, most arrogant & obvious power slam to the integrity of the game. It’s not just that they’re doing it, they’re rubbing it in our faces.

Yes - players and Coaches. Rest of league vs big revenue teams.

This stuff has already been done, it didn’t work then either.

Psst…I have a solution…

NCAA Basketball starts today

1 Like