Curious what you guys think of Sam Howell

Poor man’s Baker Mayfield.

The Sun God is one and a top WR is two. Plus don’t discount Brad being able to find another one by 2023 when Howell could be ready.

I think he’s like most of the QB’s in this draft. Lower probably of being a franchise QB but may develop into a decent starter or solid back up.

Howell’s 2020 setup was pretty damn sweet. Carter, Williams, Brown and Newsome is quite the collection of weapons

I think one might hit given the right situation, but it’s basically gonna be a lucky guess. I don’t like any of them for their value.

1 Like

Still a terrible o-line though

That is true. Felt sorry for Howell during the VT game this year.

How so?

The QBs that go to NO and (maybe) PITT I wouldn’t bet against

I think he’s not an upgrade from Goff.

We need two to pair with Brown.

1 Like

I do as well.

Odds are one of these guys sticks as a long term starter. I think the situation that QB lands in will greatly impact which QB that will be.

You don’t think that we can get two more in two years? If that’s the case we are doomed no matter who is at QB.

From PFF. And we get Frank the Tank back next year.

13. DETROIT LIONS (UP 2)

LT Taylor Decker | 75.3
LG Jonah Jackson | 70.0
C Evan Brown | 66.6
RG Halapoulivaati Vaitai | 67.1
RT Penei Sewell | 77.4

The Lions’ offensive line pulled into shape toward the end of the season and should be entering the offseason with a feeling of optimism like much of the rest of the team. Frank Ragnow, the unit’s best player, played just four games before going down injured. Rookie Penei Sewell played well at both left and right tackle over the year, earning a 77.4 PFF grade overall.

The biggest weak link was Matt Nelson at right tackle, and that resolved with the return of Taylor Decker. Left guard Jonah Jackson improved his PFF grade from 57.0 as a rookie to 70.0 in Year 2. If he takes another jump next season, this could be an elite offensive line.

I think we need two more now.

Can we find two in two years. Absolutely but our WR corp is so weak we need to add two quality players this year.

I’m not expecting Howell, or any QB we draft this year (if there is one) to start until at least two more off seasons. I think wide receiver is one of the easiest positions to fill.

The team needs a starter and real difference maker/threat at WR1. Brown/Cephus/Reynolds is a creditable 2-4 IF Hockenson can stay healthy and be the true #2/3 option in the passing game.

I’d like to see 2 new WR, but the second one is a guy to replace Khalif Raymond or Reynolds.

Look at SF-Deebo/Kittle/Aiyuk/Jennings/Sherfield.

I would argue Hock/St. Brown>= Kittle/Aiyuk…right?

Hill/Kelce/Hardman/Pringle/Robinson

Same idea.

1 Like

I was hearkening back to the arm strength conversations that were had when he and Herbert came out.

You can keep 'Lif and Reynolds AND add 2 new receivers.

X = ?
Z = Cephus
Slot = St Brown
WR4 = Reynolds (1st backup to both outside receivers)
WR5 = Raymond (special teams)
WR6 = ? (Backup/Developmental)

The North Carolina offensive line was one of the lowest graded units in college football over the past two years. It was especially bad this year, though you have to believe two years ago Javonte and Michael Carter made them look better than they were. And they were still really bad.