Damontae Kazee moving on to visit Lions after Cowboys meeting

Safety Damontae Kazee met with the Cowboys on Wednesday, but the visit didn’t end with a contract so he’s off to a meeting with another team.

Kazee was at the team’s facility along with safeties Jayron Kearse and Malik Hooker in a trio of visits that Michael Gehlken of the Dallas Morning News reports will not result in any immediate signings. As a result, Kazee will move on to meet with the Lions.

2 Likes

I’ll admit that this guy was completely off my radar until the news of the Lions visit broke, but I really like what he can bring. We haven’t had a ball hawking safety since Glover Quinn left. I think if you pair Kazee with Walker and find a safety that is more suited to play in the box we will have a solid group.

1 Like

we have these plus Walker so we don’t have to rush to draft one unless one the grade high slips. This guy an Walker would be nice pairing

Price, Bobby SS 6’ 03" 205

Igwebuike,Godwin SS 5’ 11" 213

Elliott, Jalen SS 6’ 00" 205

Moore, CJ FS 5’ 11" 197

Harris, Will SS 6’ 01" 207

They are all just bodies. Moore is a quality special teamer, the rest are camp fodder and Will Harris who is with Tavai as major long shot to make any sort of impact.

Teams are getting their doctors to check out Kazee’s recovery so far from the achilles. I don’t see him being signed unless a team is convinced he will be back by mid season. Even if the Lions sign him, we still need another safety because the odds are very low that Kazee ever plays at a high level again after the major surgery. I wish him well though.

No Achilles tear rehabbers please.

2 Likes

Agreed…

Signed…

Oh my. Is that Bryant Westbrook?

Still faster than Teez Tabor.

5 Likes

Yessir. Was going to be our lockdown CB for a decade. But even now, as a man eating well, (I agree) he is still faster than Teez Tabor…

WAY faster

Holy! Push that chair away from the table!

Signed with Dallas

Cowboys signed S Damontae Kazee, formerly of the Falcons, to a one-year contract.

The NFL interceptions leader with 10 between the 2018-19 seasons, Kazee tore his Achilles’ tendon in October and was allowed to walk in free agency by the Falcons. He will be reuniting with ex-Falcons coach Dan Quinn in Big D, though it’s not a guarantee Kazee is ready for Week 1. Still only 28 (in June), Kazee maintains play-making, every-down upside. He needs to get healthy before anything else.

Que sara…

It could be that Kazee never really intended to play in Detroit, he may have used us to get more money from Dallas. And maybe Jerrah threw more money at him than he’s worth, given the risk. A guy coming off an Achilles injury may not be the smartest investment for big bucks that you can make these days; there are still a number of Safety FAs out there, and I think the Lion will sign one of them and maybe draft one too at some point.

1 Like

Not sure if this was intended… but “allowed to walk” is quite ironic for a guy coming off an Achilles injury.

2 Likes