Dan Campbell and his struggle with HTHS. Powerful story!

DanCampbell2005Panthers

“I first started noticing the symptoms of HTHS back in my playing days. It was called Hands-To-Hips-Syndrome… never heard of it.” Campbell said.

OIP (3) OIP

“The symptoms got worse as I started coaching” Campbell explained. “It went from being a weekly event to almost daily and at that point I decided it was time for me to see someone about this.”

OIP (1) dan-campbell-dolphins-joe-philbinjpg

“I would have numbness in my hands and elbows, with shoulder and neck pain. Over the years I’ve learned a few tricks to help me fight the urges.”

OIP (4)

OIP (2)

“HTHS hasn’t stopped me from reaching my goals in life. There is a path forward from this and I want anyone out there suffering from Hand-To-Hips-Syndrome…to know…that you are not alone in this fight.”

Incredible story I’d thought I’d share. Hasn’t been talked about much in the media.

10 Likes

Think I have an advanced version of that…called bent over hands on knees syndrome!

5 Likes

The struggle with HTHS continues…

4 Likes

I feel for him.
And the coach in background with AFAC syndrome too…aka Arms Folded Across Chest syndrome.

Angry Nicksplat GIF by NickRewind

5 Likes

Better call the doctor.

3 Likes

He’s recovering it seems. lol

4 Likes

I think he’s calling out the other coach?!

1 Like

Does that look natural to you? HTHS is real fellas.

Who else is noticing all the whistle twirling pics from MC/DC? I’ve seen 5 or 6 in all the camp pics.

2 Likes

How’s MC/DC going to keep his hands on his hips when he’s hoisting the Lombardi trophy?

We gotta keep this thread going for years and years.

Dan Campbell Yes GIF by Detroit Lions

2 Likes

CWTS =compulsive whistle twirling syndrome

Man when you got two syndromes, and the definition of a syndrome is a medical condition that cannot be fully explained… well you got yourself some syndromes!

2 Likes

This all due to his addiction(s) to football!!

Football is evil!!!

Wait… I’m on a football forum… Nooooooooooooooooooooooo…

I have it too and I can’t show you as my hand must… go… to my … hi

3 Likes

Tell ya what…I will hold his hips for him!!! Promise not to say anything “weird” when I’m doing it.

3 Likes

Clark Kent Superman GIF

2 Likes

It’s a bird, it’s a plane, wait, it’s a Coach!

1 Like

A football forum in June no less hahahaha.

3 Likes

that’s gross.