Dan Campbell—No turds here

Not terribly surprising. For all their faults, Quinn & Patricia did acquire high quality guys from a work ethic and character perspective.

3 Likes

NO! G Damit, NO! There will be zero positive talk of those two round here!

3 Likes

That’s what happens when you arrive at a freshly flushed toilet.

3 Likes

3S_MYX

1 Like

Best thing about no turds, no need to wipe.

1 Like

1 Like

Schemes and coaching

1 Like

I don’t give Quinn credit for much, but I do give him some credit for building our o-line which is now a strength of the team. Other than Sewell, he brought in all of them including Decker, Jonah, Ragnow, Crosby, and Nelson.

1 Like

This seemed an owner directive since 2011 or 13 ish.

After those arrests
High character hard working team captain types seemed to proliferate in lions drafts.

1 Like

I’d say the disastrous 2011 draft was the impetus.

1 Like

It’s the very thing that cost him his job
If the oline is indeed a strength

He invested huge in oline to mediocre overall results

Which hindered everything else they wanted to be.

So i don’t give him a lot of credit because he couldn’t get timeline right

And if it is on track now from his work
Maybe he never should’ve been fired He could take another 5 seasons to build the WRs

No matter who was GM , Brad would inherit some players. GM is big picture snd Bq couldn’t bring it together.

1 Like

Sure, but it doesn’t matter how good your QB or skill position players are if your o-line sucks. At least Holmes and MC/DC had a strength to build a team around. That’s one of the first things Campbell said in his opening press conference, we think the O-line is a strength, that was before getting Sewell @ 7 in the draft.

The main reason we lost so many games is because Patricia was literally one of the worst head coaches in the nfl history. The talent on the roster really wasn’t as bad as the win/loss record indicated IMO.

Which is why “20-0 until proven otherwise baby”!!

2 Likes

Haha I’ll put the over/under @ 7.5 wins bud! But, I love the optimism.

2 Likes

Another Campbell’ism that goes deeper than most realize.

Campbell is directly quoting from coach Lynn, who uttered the ‘No Turds here’ phrase last year on the second episode of Hard Knocks Los Angeles.

Pretty hilarious Campbell was able to recall it and throw it out there as a small jab at coach Lynn.

3 Likes

I think much of the problem was self inflicted and had less to do about great human beings, hard workers and talent as it did absolutely putrid schemes and usage of these people. We had no pass rush and we didn’t try to make one happen. then we put all the DB’s in man to man with no help. Somehow for all the “size” we had in the front seven, they had zero ability to stop the run. On offense, 800 year old Adrian Peterson only had 10 fewer carries than 2nd round pick DeAndre Swift (age 21) AND 2nd round pick Kerryon Johnson (age 23) did COMBINED.

Personally I don’t think we will get through this season, look back and find ONE player that performed better under Patricia. I really don’t. I think we will look back and see MANY players where we will be like, wow, I thought he really sucked, but he was actually pretty good for us!

3 Likes

I think Quinn’s problem was never retaining the guys he drafted and were developed, most notably Glasgow. You paid equal or more money, or slightly less (I don’t remember) to replace a guy you drafted and developed with a FA who was a backup.

The Glasgow sitch reminded me of Jeff Hartings all over again.

1 Like

I don’t want no turds
A turd is a bird who will be demurred by me

Hanging out the jet stream side of the whirlpool ride
Trying to play for me

I really like that song.

Also not sure I used the word demurred appropriately so those more versed in the English language please feel free to correct me!

1 Like