Dan Orlovsky gives us more credit for our free agency

Just saw it on ESPN in a restaurant so I can’t link a video to it but I’m sure it’ll pop up soon. All about “I can’t believe they got Gardner-Johnson for only 8 million.”

1 Like

He’s been the lions biggest cheerleader for years. He’s held the line even when the rest of the media treated us as a joke and an afterthought. I’d like to see the organization bring him back in at some point. Either in the booth or with our media team.

1 Like

He made a career out of holding the clipboard for a reason. He’d be a great QB coach, but, not as good as Brunell.
He’s got a pretty good gig, right now, though. I doubt he’d take a step down.

2 Likes

Agreed. He’s allowed to wears jeans and be himself and is getting paid by the network. I don’t think he’s going anywhere.

2 Likes

Supposedly he turned down an offer from the Lions a few years back, think it was while Caldwell was a coach.

There were reports he also talked with the Colts about a position with them earlier this year.

He was Stafford’s backup in 2015.

Not sure the point in the reply to my post, he was never the backup during Patricia’s time with Detroit.

I was just commenting that he has, in the last four months, had discussions with a team about a coaching position.
Supposedly he was also offered a position with the Lions, believe it was when Caldwell was the coach.

1 Like

Damn it! I thought nobody caught me.:rofl:
I caught myself, but, not in time for Quick Draw.

1 Like

I was thinking more down the road to bring Dan back in. Maybe 10 years from now or so. Or if he gets tired of his current gig. No way he’s leaving that cushy job anytime soon.

2 Likes

Neither can I.

1 Like

We do need a backup QB! Any chance he’s willing to run out of the back of the endzone a few more times!

Orlovsky’s opinions are out of bounds.

In fairness to Dan, if Jared Allen was running at me full speed completely unblocked, I’d run out of bounds too!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.