Dan Wetzel, Yahoo Sports: Fords are Boobs

najacks

13h

A lot of people need to pump the brakes on this qb nonsense. Sure Herbert and tua look good right now but how many qbs have we said that about over the years. Wait until the nfl gets some tape on these kids and then we’ll see. Everyone was ready to put Mark Sanchez and Robert Griffen III into the hall of fame after their rookie season. Same with josh freeman who only had one good season. Everybody and their brother said those qbs were so much better than Stafford. Yet here we are. Stafford is still a good starting qb while all the others are either out of the league or backups. Only time will tell.

My feelings exactly.

2 Likes

I can’t blame Stafford if he wanted out. He would be compared to the elites if he were on just about any other team. How in the F did we get stuck with the most incompetent family of f#@$ faces running our hometown team?

1 Like

It’s a moot point pending Sheila actually hires a new, somewhat competent GM, then gives said GM cart’blanche to implement a full rebuild, in which said GM drafts the next QB with one the top 10 pick the Lions have…after Stafford either get’s tradesd or retires of course…but it sure would have been nice to already have that QB here in Tua…oh well, no one is a smart as Boob n MP.

This is really a misuse of value discussion.

Quinn 1st rd picks-

LT
WILL LB body who they tried to make a MLB
Center
Tight End
CB at 3OA, first in 22 years that high.

Not a great use of assets, plus his 2nd round has been fairly ugly

3rd rd much better

1 Like

Interesting when we look at Tua’s win loss record.

I get the reasoning why lions didn’t take QB but I’d have also seen the reasoning fir taking a QB.

I don’t really think this coaching staff and plan would have either winning hat much more though.

Also interesting to note , what if Swift caught pass vs Cardinal’s , what if lions stopped bears …

There’s some people skills management here
And I think you might touch on something overlooked.

Kelly reacted publicly in social media to rumors so I do wonder , did BQ have Thst type of talk with them ?
If lions were smoke screening , that seemed to blow it up. Csll the bluff.

Covid also made it a tough year to trade
But previous years , they might’ve been able to trade back from Davis , Ragnow or hock for more picks.

Bit of coaching ain’t right , it won’t matter who they picked. It’s rarely about one player turning team around.

Tua wasn’t GOING to do shit here, with a half healthy WR & RB group, nor defense, two idiots that cannot build lines correctly OR win games with their easily predictable game plan, and getting nailed behind OUR o-line. either.

Yes & No …They still added a foundation piece in Okudah . Not selecting Tua was a no brainer …he is damaged goods and a ticking time bomb , not selecting Herbert was a call made by a GM and Coach that may not be long for the job and a choice made to help the team now …They also had one of the best QB’s in the NFL currently rostered in Stafford . I understand it more than I’m okay with it …

No not the same . That is a Cam Newton SuperBowl choice that I would get rid of and could not play for my team

The ProBowl talent we had to replace was because they were bitches with hurt feelings that did not want to be here. …replacing Slay with Trufant and drafting Okudah was also about age and a new contract …a QB and CB getting into their 30’s are two different things …I’m good with this move Slay needed to go because he made it that way .

Of course he wasnt going to do shit here this year, but it looks like a rebuild is inevitable, and if they would have taken him, they very possibly would have their QB for the future signed on a rookie deal…hell, I wanted to take him, have him sit behind Stafford (ala Love in GB, and Aron wheh he was picked, and Mahommes, etc, I digress), then assess after this season…or take a CB who is no where near an impact player, or a player who comes even close to the value of possible future QB…now they have just delayed the rebuild by at least a year, and that’s pending they actually do the RIGHT thing and draft a QB this draft, there are 4-6 guys that are all viable, now whether they pan out is still to be seen, but they missed the boat with Tua or even Herbert for a fucking non-impact CB.

yes but rebuild by whom? just another set of hapless morons named GM & HC? or someone that has his shit together?

IF it’s more of the same…there is little hope…isn’t against you Karl , I wanted a productive QB behind Stafford all along, we haven’t had that since Stanton ‘i think’

but id Stafford goes down, I want to keep kicking ass, not sit around hoping like hell the #2 is able to do anything…the thing with Tua ,was he was already injured, we can’t have that with our O-line…
Stafford has been pretty damn tough, but IF BOTH QB’s get injured? then what !?

Needed to clean house this past off season. When you had cap space and before you spent it on contracts of guys who most probably will not be here.

That ship has sailed.

If/when they fire Quin and Patricia, you let the new GM you bring in decide what they’re doing and how to do it. Let him pick his coach. Let the, decide if they are going full rebuild or try to salvage.

No matter what, no mandate from ownership one way or the other. If that means trading everyone of value and starting over, so be it.

Of course, that means putting ultimate faith in your hires. That scares any Lion’s fan.

Says the ‘scoutch potato’ Yeah…I have that trademarked. NYL the scoutch potato.

Whats your batting average? .119?

Looking like a good bet to work for the lions at this point.

My post was completely to call you out.

It worked.

Taking my victory lap now.

You drive 80 percent of us crazy with your crap. Its fun to call you out and watch you wriggle like a worm on a hook. Especially when you take everything personal.

Its a message board dude.

WTF would we have got with Tua !? The guy was ALREADY busted up…set his ass behind the “Lions O-Line” The same one where Stafford has had his ass broken, now a concussion, what you doin’t think anyone is going to get to Tua? that’s laughable …and he gets re-injured, what good is that?

Um yeah, pretty much sums up why most people on this board choose to ignore you.
Paper-thin ego and your arguments are pancakes, you flip them all the time.
I’m putting you back on ignore until you can grow-up.

Snags your my bitch … back to the kids table ?? Hahahahahaha all you do is cry . You can’t make a point to save face …
Still waiting on the PFF score of Simmons and Okudah you posted and how it means anything other than squat nothing . You posted them , not me …You cant even explain the relevancy when they are challenged … Your take was bitched slapped yet again, you have no answer …

I’m flipping GTFOH

Puhlease!! LOL
You get made to look like a chump by me and 98% of the rest of this board.
You’re a child who seeks attention and goes about it the wrong way.
Bye bye, Cakes!

You have literally never won a single debate with me , you never have a valid point …ever .

You still can’t support a single thing you put in writing . It’s pathetic .

Simmons /Okudah PFF scores you posted, I clearly showed they had no merit for comparison … Explain them …or do you and move the Goal Post yet again…You’re an open book …you can’t help yourself …" I’m not responding to you ", “You’re toxic”, "I’m ignoring you "

If you don’t like your take being shit on …stop posting shit that has no merit and easily destroyed .

Ah, ok. So then why do you follow me around on this board like a lost puppy biting at my pant-leg?..just look at your posts, it’s sad, you’re literally begging me, “please Snags, come play with me, I need your attention!”
I put you on ignore and you’re like a ghost on this forum. Everybody knows you just come here to argue. It’s old and boring. Find something better to do with your time.

You believe this nonsense you post …you are delusional …
You cry like a bitch , you report people to Mods , you continually flag posts , you create topics about people being toxic… You don’t even have the balls to engage me . You can’t even see it . You did it here , you’ve done it in several different threads …I’m your crack cocaine .

I make a post responding to someone else about Isiah Simmons and was the only one to do so …

and you post this

You post grades to try to counter what I said and don’t even have the balls to direct my way …You don’t want to respond but you cant help yourself …passively like a bitch .

You’re an open book, you get owned and the Gif’s start …I’ve said it several times in several threads you can’t explain yourself when you try to make a point and you start with pictures … sad and pathetic.

You engaged me …this thread like every other is clear…

You are to blind to see it … You are ignoring me and you stated so, yet you have responded 2 times since :joy:

Still waiting on how those PFF scores that meant squat are somehow relevant ?

Hey flapjacks,