Dane Brugler Lions Mock Picks

Here is Dane Bruglers Detroit Lions Mock draft interview…

Quick Notes:

-Takes Aidan Hutchinson at 1oa. Thinks Aidan Hutchinson is a long lost Watt brother. Doesnt feel Hutch is as good right now as Chase Young or Any of the Bosas were.

-Takes WR Treylon Burks at 23. Think he is a similar player to AJ Brown.

• Says most teams think Kenny Pickett is top qb. Says small hands dont seem to issue throwing but does show.up at times with fumbling. Says Willis and Ridder are worthy for later round 1 developmental guys. Says some teams will remove Carson Strong from their board because of his injury issues.
3 Likes

I am ready to give him a shot. I’d be okay with him, if he ended up with our later first rounder.
Let him be Goff’s backup for a year.
I’m not as attached, so far, as I am some years.
Say’s Hutch said, “I’m ready to die for this.” LOL. Sign that MF’r up!

3 Likes

Not trying to shoot the messenger b/c I realize this is info being passed along… but…

“Shows up at times”???

Like 25 times in his college career!!!

1 Like

I am not a Pickett guy until about round 3 or 4…because his hands are said to measure 8.25

1 Like

I’d be fine with Hutchinson…but I do feel Hamilton and Stingley may be better.

Willis…I am ok with him at the later round 1 if he is smart and be able to be a passer first. I really dont know much about how he reads progressions. But he is certainly a qb with all the tools. So was Josh Allen and that has worked out.

3 Likes

I think the knock is he doesn’t in their offense. He’s going to be a project for whoever drafts him.

1 Like

He has all the tools you want. It’s up to the coaches to develop him. So do you trust the coaches and a new OC is the question.

1 Like

Yes - coaches need to develop

But the players has to play and execute on the field what he is taught….

This is why the mental side is so important to try to properly evaluate

It’s why Mac Jones has been the best QB of this rookie class…which isnt saying a whole lot. But still…he has shown an ability to read the field.

Damn. I’m 5’7 and have bigger paws. My condolences to his girlfriend… There is a pool boy in her future!

4 Likes

I heard this morning that his “catchable pass thrown” rate is the highest of ANY QB in the NFL right now. Damn.

1 Like

It does help when throwing to open receivers.
Pats have played 4 of the worst pass defenses in the NFL during their 6 game win streak… and Mac threw for less than 200 yards in the other 2 games.

They are also running the ball very well… which we know helps keep the LBs from dropping into coverage quuckly. Middle of the field was wide open in parts of the Titans game I was able to watch.

But he’ll have that not well endowed chip on his shoulder

I’m 5’5" and mine is, er, are 8 7/8"

He’s just going to have to find a way work out those issues, like buying a sports car or moderating an NFL fan forum.

5 Likes

He’s made some amazing throws this year. Still a rookie but seems to have those intangibles you can’t really measure.

1 Like

I have heard from really credible people that Brugler, Lance Zierlein and Mark Dulgerian are really excellent when it comes to having insights into mocks and especially regarding players who might lack heart or motor to compete at the next level. The reality is there are a lot of dudes every year who are supremely talented but who don’t like football and are simply wanting to cash in. These guys apparently have a good pulse on stuff like that and so when they do mocks closer to the draft watch for what players drop and that can give you a little insight…

2 Likes

That’s the rub. Safety is a huge issue for Detroit but you can’t take a safety 1 overall can you? Hamilton is a stud…Aiden is someone I would be thrilled with having but Hamilton might be the bigger pro and better drafting by NEED player.

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Thanks…will do.

1 Like