Daniel Jeremiah first round mock 3.0

Dont like this. Don’t see value at CB at 6 anymore. They would have Moseley, Sutton, Okudah, Jacobs, Witherspoon all competing for same job. Just overkill. And I dont like taking an undersized DT with short arms at 18. Dline or QB at 6. BPA at 18

4 Likes

I think the bigger point on the DB question is how many are here for one year and that’s it. So from that point it makes sense, but, then again, if Moseley peforms well does Detroit sign him prior to next year’s FA period and not pick up Okudah’s fifth year option in 6weeks?

I am also not a fan of the pick at 18.

4 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

very good points brother.

I just can’t buy into the DT…the lions love lineman who get to the qb but stop the run first…the value run defense so much more then qb pressures. Kancey SUCKS at run defense…tape on him is getting killed by bad OL when it came to run defense. I just don’t see it happening.

5 Likes

Yes, he straight up plagiarized my picks. Nice copy and paste work Jeremiah :+1:

2 Likes

We’ll see how Witherspoon tests. That is always big with CBs.

And I just can’t get past Klancey’s size.

Levis falling to 19 is interesting.

It’s the one reason I kind of like Mazi, I think this staff can bring more out of him and he is good at plugging the middle and stopping the run, taking on double teams.
He has legitimate question marks yet he also fits in some ways.

I’m just not a fan of Kancey, Donald is the exception not the norm.

1 Like

What are the chances Okudah becomes even a decent CB at this point?
CB at 6 makes sense.

I think his top 5 is exactly how it plays out.

I think Detroit takes Gonzales instead of Witherspoon.

2 Likes

How do you get over Witherspoon’s size then?

He is small and would be an outlier as well. Maybe even more if he went too 6.

Atleast Kancey balled out at the combine.

2 Likes

if that’s how the picks fell, I’d go Levis at 6 and Deonte Banks at 18.

2 Likes

Corners take time to develop. No clue what he becomes. Slay wasnt any good until his 3rd year. And while this CB class is deep, none are elite prospects that should be taken at #6

2 Likes

This is the perfect opportunity to take a specimen you believe you can develop into greatness.

Very interesting dilemma we have though. Gotta believe we’d want to keep one of CJGJ or Mosley past this year. It’s be odd to bring in “culture” guys and not keep them if they do well.

1 Like

Kancey blows up interior pockets. Consistently. He will lose, yes, but he will also win and he will make people think about dealing with him inside. When they do that, they have a whole lot to deal with considering who we can flank him with. Kancey doesn’t just win by shooting gaps, he often engages and walks his man back into the backfield by strength, explosion and leverage. 27.5 TFLs in his last 23 games is production over projection. A lot of those were against the run.

3 Likes

In this scenario, you could get Levis at #18. I could be talked into that.
But I’m going Tyree 100 times out of 100 there.

3 Likes

I would be ok with Witherspoon at 6 if Carter is gone. There are at least 30 other players I would take before Kancey.

1 Like

Spot on, I love Kancey. He’s explosive, I won’t mind taking him at 18… if we don’t I’ll love if AA drops to 48, I doubt that tho tbh

2 Likes

I typically like DJ but I think Spoon or Gonzo at 6 would be a terrible pick and it would be a Bob Quinn type move!

Thank god BH loves building from the inside out early in the draft so I’m expecting a DL or OL with an outside cance of a WR.

The Lions are now in a win now mode, and drafting a CB at 6 that isn’t gonna see the field very much next season is a waste, much like a QB would be!

The 6 pick has to be an impact type player that’s gonna see the field a lot!

Jalen Carter c’mon down ur the next contestant on the BNL!!!

I see the top 5 going like this….

1 Car……AR or Strout

2 Hou….Young

3 Indy (trade) Strout or AR

4 Ari……Anderson

1. Sea….Levis or Wilson
2 Likes