Daniel Jeremiah’s Top 50

Ohio plays in the MAC

We call Ohio State, Ohio in most of Michigan, but whatever turns your crank.

It is kind of a derisive thing.

I love Chase Young , I love Okudah …the talent Okudah and Young faced is a valid statement but nothing says the same play would not have occurred vs anyone they faced. The athletic ability and testing matched what was on tape. Validation to what you watched on tape.

Chase Young is a special player. I’m a huge fan but if both Bosa brothers were in this draft , I take either over Young . Chase is not lighting fast …Chase does not have the strength of either Bosa brother and he is not a physical mauler he is not a hand fighter…Young has special traits and I would take him at #3 but will not be shocked if we take Okudah over him .

Wrong. Michigan did not shut him down. Clemson did not shut him down. Look at the film. Watch the snap by snap. Google is your friend. Nobody in the country got more attention than Chase Young. What you say is simply not true.

There is the game stats for the Michigan game. Look at all those zeroes.

He didn’t say any of that

Grabbing people and holding on worked for Richard Sherman, he made a career out of it. It worked for Daryl Revis who also made a career out of it. Now, if Okudah is wearing this uniform, he might not get away with it. Lions seldom do.

Sure but you can also use the argument that Young got largely shut down against the better teams (Michigan and Clemson) while Okudah thrived against Clemson who has NFL talent all over the place at receiver.
FTR, I choose Young over Okudah without thinking twice but that’s not the point here.

The bottom line is that scouts don’t think the way you do. They look at measurables, technique, athleticism, work ethic etc. They don’t look at a player who played against a fairly weak schedule and write him off because of that. If that was the case, Carson Wentz should have gone undrafted. It’s about projecting physical and character traits to the next level.

1 Like

Ah. Understood.

By this argument should disqualify all Big Ten CBs as overrated, maybe move them down a round in the draft. If this is your argument, we should do the same for all SEC CBs because they generally play behind better DLs and should target CBs from the pass happy conferences like the Big 12. If your saying the tape doesn’t lie, I can get on board with that argument, but I disagree with the arguments about supporting cast. If that was the case, no Alabama, LSU, OSU players should be drafted and you should never draft a RB from Wisconsin because they have a good OL (that might not be the best example as alot of UW RBs have failed).

He had a good game of coverage in the college playoff. Just an observation.

1 Like

These are projections. How each player could develop against pros. Both Young and Okudah are prototypical at their positions. And they project well. It’s either young or Okudah for me.