Daniels, Harrison are only Lions not practicing Wednesday

Well, shit. I was hoping he would be good to go for MNF. Apparently Hand is practicing though, don’t know how limited. Or the rest of them for that matter.

This is the unofficial report from LionsWire.com:

No Practice on Wednesday

Another point of discussion at Patricia’s press conference was that Mike Daniels (foot) would not — and did not — practice today. This shouldn’t be a surprise as foot injuries take a while to heal properly, but it would’ve been nice to see Daniels fully healthy as the team heads to his former stomping grounds in Green Bay on Monday.

Damon Harrison (undisclosed) was also not available for today’s practice, but it’s too early to jump to any conclusions because we have no information on why he missed. It could be injury-related, but it could also be an excused absence for personal reasons. We will have to wait until tomorrow for more information.

Hockenson’s progressing through concussion protocol

T.J. Hockenson (concussion) was doing all individual drills during the portions of practice made available to the media, but he is still progressing through the league’s concussion protocol.

Once Hockenson is cleared from Step 4, he could complete the final stage soon.

Limited in practice on Wednesday

As most had hoped, Da’Shawn Hand (elbow) looks very close to returning to game action and with the Lions recently releasing multiple defensive tackles from the practice squad — indicating he is practicing more in their place — all signs are pointing in the right direction.

The news isn’t as good for Quandre Diggs (hamstring) who was not doing much in today’s practice. It’s still very early in the week, and hamstring injuries require rest, so there’s still plenty of time for him to get back in action before Monday.

Both Darius Slay (hamstring) and Danny Amendola (chest) appear ready to return to game action after missing Week 4 against the Kansas City Chiefs. Slay was a game-time decision, and now with an additional nine days to heal, he should be back in action.

Matthew Stafford (hip) played in Week 4 and all indications are he will continue to be active this week, but don’t be surprised if he shows up on the official injury tomorrow.

My guess is that Daniels and Diggs will be out, Hand will be questionable, and Hock, Slay, and Amendola will play. Who the hell knows with Harrison, but I still think he ain’t quite in good game shape yet and needs the work.

1 Like

They’re saying Harrison is not at practice today either. Unknown reason.

Diggs is there but very limited (hammy). Sounds worse than Slay’s)

Slay, Hand, and Amendola all appeared to be doing most drills.

Hand still in a brace, but first time I’ve seen him hitting the bags.

Ziggy Ansah part II.

Daniels got his pay check. Dude is big bust.

2 Likes

Foot injuries for dudes his size are brutal. I honestly wonder if we’ll see a version of him that can contribute? Maybe we can put him on a super-cheap 3 year performance-based deal, and he returns to form and crushes it? More likely, we cut him at season’s end.

Sucks though. He came here for less money, because he wanted to be here. I’d love to see him whip GB’s ass.

1 Like

I think people are big babies these days. Back in the day people went to work and played sports with bigger issues. He’s not your average Joe, he’s a athlete. Pick up your nuts and play.

2 Likes

Are you talking about back when they would give you salt tablets for dehydration?

1 Like

Ah, yes. And you just got your bell rung & it’s just a sprain

1 Like

If you were a puss about, they’d give you a hysterectomy?