Darious Williams makes too much sense

I’d only sign Williams if Branch is moving to S. He’s only a nickel. We can draft Sainristil from UM if we need another nickel. And he’ll be cheaper.

I’d pass.

Williams has actually graded out better on the outside despite his size.

7 Likes

Darious started outside CB across from Campbell

Herndon was Jags NB

1 Like

Yeah. He played in JAX’s heavy zone scheme. Not AG’s man. If we play zone more…maybe I’d consider it. But AG likes to run man.

1 Like

AG played a bunch of zone early this year :man_shrugging: Sutton’s forte is zone coverage. We shall see.

2 Likes

I’ll put Nate’s money on it too.

London Water GIF by M Huncho

1 Like

Since he was released he doesn’t count against our comp picks. There are plenty of released players available. We can also trade for a player like Mack that is likely to be released. We need to re-sign our own and get some comp picks for the ones that leave.

Ben Powers signed 13 mil per year last year LG

They are projecting a 4th for that.

I’m not too worried about Jonah comp pick…

Go sign Reader & Hunter or Clowney

Thats more than I expect to get for Jonah. I just don’t get excited about the FAs. If they were that good why did their team not sign them? The cap cuts I understand.

1 Like

Delete

That’s a very good point. You’re right, AG did play more zone early on. Problem: Not enough pressure was generated. So, AG began to bring pressure packages which require man behind them.

With that being said, IF our D can get a good pass rush with our front 4, I’d be totally for getting Williams and even play him on the outside.

So I, like you iterated, will be watching.

1 Like

I iterated last night too. Had to chug a half bottle of pepto after. Getting old is bollocks.

1 Like

bad mews @Jman

https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1767498613259682123?s=20

1 Like

Once we got Davis, I think it takes another veteran CB off the board. Top 4 isn’t going anywhere, and I also think they draft two rookies.

2 Likes

That make sense Darious going back

Rams are gonna be a problem next year

3 Likes

They were a problem this year.
For them it will come down to the health of Stafford first and then Kupp.

1 Like

That makes sense for both him and the Rams, and I’m not upset, because Carlton Davis is a better football player.

1 Like

Here’s what’s left

Isaac Yiadom i think we can get at a lowerish price

Another guy is Akhello Witherspoon he played for Rams last year did a decent job.

He was good a couple years back. Having him & Vildor as backups isn’t a bad thing heading into the draft still only 28 years old

2 Likes