Davante Adams Unhappy in Vegas?

The Ringer’s Mirin Fader writes that Davante Adams “has reservations” about Las Vegas’ vision for the offense.

Adams is quoted as saying “[The front office] think this is the best bet for us right now to put us in a position to be urgent … We don’t see eye-to-eye on what we think is best for us right now.” That Adams has some reservations about the Raiders’ offensive plans is unsurprising, as he likely has eyes. “I’m going to have to buy into this and try to be as optimistic as possible … It’s not what I expected to happen, but it’s something that’s the reality now.” If the Raiders start out poorly in 2023, we expect trade smoke on Adams to start to pick up.

Let me prefice this by saying I have absolutely no interest in Adams now or later if he does request a trade. I did look at his contract details because I was curious and I saw he has a 44mil cap hit in 2025 and 2026. That is insane for a WR and there is no way he ever sees that money.

2 Likes

Tyreek is even worse. Neither will ever see that cash and must have just been for show to break the 30mil AAV mark.

1 Like

Raiders gonna raider…

2 Likes

I dont blame him. He downgraded qbs in my opinion. Coaching staff will be gone after this season.

1 Like

Yes - Plus Carr was his best buddy. He went there to play with Carr. They were college roommates and both were very hyped up to play together.

9 Likes

Yeah and they used Carr as a scapegoat when the coach should have been gone. I just dont get the jimmy garoppolo appeal.

3 Likes

Hmmm Jamo and a pick for Adams :thinking::thinking::thinking:

2 Likes

Absolutely not… my opinion but i wouldnt give up anything for the privilege of paying adams that contract.

2 Likes

That is what Kwesi would do…downgrade and throw in picks.

2 Likes

That’s what my boy Snead would do and go the ship!!! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

That sort of move is what the Rams did…got :em a SB…but now they are in purgatory. The Lions are gonna compete for 10-15 years

1 Like

Fair. Though I think one big splash move like this wouldn’t hurt long term success. The Rams went overboard. However, we have all our picks next year and tremendous amount of cap space. Barring a Stafford collapse due to age/injuries. We’ll be back in it for 2024.

1 Like

Definitely wishing that handsome MFr well

We got you my guy! Well be routing the Lions in the playoffs in the near future for anouther Superbowl run.

How the hell does McDaniels keep getting HC jobs when there are so many more deserving guys out there? Maybe people will finally see that TB was the magic behind all of it.

Raiders are such a mess. The whole way it all went down with Carr should have gotten a few people canned. Was pathetic.

2 Likes

Will Ferrell Old School Movie GIF

Hell, no!

3 Likes

Amen brother! We don’t need the Lions turning into some kind of dynasty or something. My Rams would stand no chance if that happened.

He wins and he’s cheap. I’m not a fan but it’s hard to argue with his results. We will have a better idea of what kind of QB he is now that he’s not on a loaded team.

1 Like

They don’t.
Sorry.
Don’t forget, we once had Stafford and Megatron, and the #2 defense, with Suh. That got us a Wildcard loss.
When your Oline and run game match ours, you’ll stand a chance.

2 Likes