David Montgomery to Detroit goodbye jamaal

Disagree. I think we’re looking for more juice from Swift’s replacement.

3 Likes

Reynolds about to break Jamal’s record.

But Monty gonn get so many first we won’t need extreme short yard gains :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Still think there’s a RB piece coming in the draft. Day 3 is my guess.

100% agree. I think David is our new power runner and we likely look for that prospect like Swift who can turn any play into a TD.

Freep article this am said that Detroit offered JW a contract similar to what was given to DM, it was declined.

. The Lions attempted to re-sign Williams and offered him a contract similar to the one they gave Montgomery, but pivoted to Montgomery as Williams’ agent shopped the market for better deals.

1 Like

Sad.

2 Likes

His agent is Stenberg, been around forever, can’t believe they screwed up so badly.

2 Likes

Right on Dead. Hard to believe Stenberg was on board with what I believe was Jamaal’s own thoughts. I have no idea what happened but Stenberg likely told Jamaal he could take the Detroit deal and be happy but Jamaal was likely looking for more $ and Stenberg likely noted something like “okay, yes we can look for more $ elsewhere Jamaal but this is a fair deal and you might get less $…the choice is yours” kind of thing. Stenberg knows Jamaal’s age and how NFL teams treat third contract RBs.

Oh well. I LOVE how Brad seems to have simply protected his football team by going to the next RB he really liked and sign a different guy instead. Brad wanted a veteran RB and it didn’t have to be Jamaal. Major miscalculation by Jamaal.

5 Likes

I’m with you, bro.
This OL…This RB…He’s gonna surprise with this team, cuz he’s got it really good now.

VERY possible. I think his skill set is “tweener” between Swift & Jamal. More juice than Jamal, not quite as tough (better at literally everything else), not quite as much juice as Swift, but far superior durability. He opens the entire playbook when on the field, not nearly as one-dimensional as Jamal.

Still expecting a stud rook (fingers crossed). I want Gibby in the second.

I can see this sixe of it too. I want more juice always!

I feel there is truth to this too.

If this proves true → seems legit, Jamal looses a little credibility with me. “Insulting”?

& simultaneously upgraded the team.

1 Like

I think it’s possible we’re not looking for a Swift type or a Williams type, we’re just looking for guys who are more talented all-around do we don’t tip off our plays. Maybe what we want is two guys who can play all 3-downs and catch passes? There’s no rulebook that says you have to have a thunder and lightning backfield.

It seems logical that we’d want at least one guy with juice, but that guy could be Jamo.

5 Likes

I LOVE it when the Giants had Bradshaw & Jacobs. They were xamn near clones of each other.

Well Jacobs was 6’4, 267 (!) while Bradshaw was 5’10, 216, so I wouldn’t call them clones necessarily lol. But they could both do everything, gain tough yards, catch passes, etc… They were used in similar ways.

ANGRY football…both of 'em. So fun to watch

Well, I think Montgomery brings a lot more to the table between the 10 yard lines, which doesn’t mean he can’t do well inside the ten.

We really need our WR, TE’s to get the ball across the goal line instead of getting tackled at the 3,2, or 1 yard line. Or, Goff needs to throw a better ball so they can.

yes that last was sarcasm.

The perfect compliment would be Robinson because you can put them on the field at the same time. They can both play all over the field including the slot.

They allow so much flexibility and creativity it would be very hard to handle. In addition if one happens to get injured you don’t have to change the scheme and are still able to run your sets.

1 Like

I have a feeling most everyone here would say Robinson would be the perfect compliment to anyone lol.

And I don’t disagree, he’d be great. But there are others as well who wouldn’t cost as much. Spears, Roschon, Evans, Tank, McIntosh, not to mention the guys with juice like Gibbs, Deuce and Achane. Charbonnet’s a smooth receiver too, though I don’t think he’s lining up in the slot (I’m also not sure you could really get away with lining Montgomery up in the slot either, despite how good of a pass-catcher he is).

He sure complimented Coach Campbell in the presser

Wooooooorrrd

I can believe it. I don’t see why Holmes wouldn’t want to upgrade the position. Not to disrespect jamal but Craig Reynolds could have provided the similar usefulness. Jamal isn’t a true lead back.

3 Likes

You and your PoSsIbIliTieS! what do yo have an open mind or something!? :roll_eyes:

Lol

1 Like