David Tepper "enamored" with Ben Johnson

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnceXEFpHLL/?igshid=NDk5N2NlZjQ

This can’t be good…

1 Like

Source is the Athletic, for those wondering.

Makes sense for Ben. Go get paid. Won’t be easy to replace him, either.

2 Likes

BOOOOOOO!!!

Go get enamored with someone else.

1 Like

Remember when we heard these same kind of stories surrounding Teryl Austin?!?!

chris farley GIF

4 Likes

Do you… do… umm, you remember the time… umm, when Jim Bob cooter was going to be the next great head coach?

Do you remember that?

That was so cool.

6 Likes

Tepper you & I both. Also enamored with Ben Johnson here

4 Likes

If lions are going to lose ben this yr let it be to the colts. I think he could be very successful there.

Carolina’s home though. I think it’s the only opening that would really interest him.

7 Likes

If we get saved it’s due to Carolina’s players pushing hard for Wilks

5 Likes

San Diego might (if it opens up) but can the Spanos family really go from one year wonder DC to kne year wonder OC?

Remember when Eric Bienemy was supposed to be the next hot Head Coach?..that’s been going on for a couple of years now.
I’d be surprised if any team made a 1 year OC into a Head Coach. That would be a hard sell to a team imo.

5 Likes

I really don’t buy that it’s opening up…

1 Like

So Carolina screwed us by releasing Baker.

Then they screwed us by beating us.

And now they want to take our OC?

■■■■ you Carolina.

13 Likes

It may not. I do think that some of their issues is that Herbert isn’t a dawg. It’s always been an issue for me.

That being said, I’ve long felt Staley was a fraud. Cheap as can be organization though so that helps him.

Bienemy has never called plays and has significant skeletons in his closet.

1 Like

Staley cost them playoffs last yr and showed yesterday he isnt the right coach to take them far in playoffs

2 Likes

They’re still bent over losing out on Stafford trade.

6 Likes

Preemptive payback.

1 Like

I’ll never understand this. ■■■■ Carolina. Not for possibly taking Ben, but for not giving Wilks the job before the season even ended. He took that dumpster fire to a near division title. They punched us in the mouth. Carolina is garbage if they don’t do the right thing

7 Likes

I always hesitate about making too much of news like this. My knee jerk reaction is: if he is so enamored then why are we hearing leaks instead of news about a hiring? It wouldn’t surprise me if this happens, but so often stuff like this is part of negotiations with another candidate.

4 Likes