Davis

So far I think he’s lined up on the left side of our defensive line more. Particularly in this game.

I figured they’d rest Davis one more week. Especially since Philly is decimated by injury. It may have worked out, just because he wasn’t quite himself doesn’t mean it’s the ankle. He has barely played since last season. If he didn’t have a setback with his ankle I’m feeling ok about him going into the KC game.

Spielman said it during the broadcast. For guys who miss training camp it takes a few weeks to get into game shape

Davis was terrible out there today. Bad angles, getting caught in the wash and stupid penalties. He has a ways to go to prove he is capable of starting successfully.

Misread my bad.

And a supporting role in a fumble.

Diggs and Walker co-led the team in solo tackles. But overall Flowers was a monster - 4 tackles, 4 tackle assists, a sack and FF

1 Like

I remember CJs bother him for a long time, never got 100% again and whichever year it was he was used mostly as a decoy.

That was in 2014. He got a high ankle sprain week three but didn’t sit out a game until he missed weeks 6-8 (week 9 was a bye)

After he came back he averaged 6 catches and 91 yards per game with 6 TDS (.75 per game) One of those games was the playoff game where he was all but blanked across the board

The two games before the injury, weeks one and two, he averaged 5.5 catches for 123 yards per game and 2 TDs (one per game)

Also to note is this was the year of the Lombardi offense where the entire offense would disappear for long stretches and the Oline didn’t protect well enough for CJs go routes to be viable

So there was a little bit of a statistical dropoff betwewn pre-injury and post recovery. But not much. I think the bigger issue was not sitting right away after it happened week three.

Happily Davis got to rest the injury immediately. I doubt it becomes the issue CJs was. In fact it’s interesting to look into this after CJs interview last week. He didn’t sit until after he told the press he needed to rest his ankle. I assume the coachs were pushing him to suit up

What does that have to do with Jarrad Davis?

He injured his ankle in week 3. The next game he had 2 catches for 12 yards. The game after that he had 1 catch for 7 yards. They gave him weeks 6, 7, 8 and 9 to heal before trying to bring him back. It was a good move by the coaching staff, because continuously trying to trot him out there just because he could run and cut on it was a mistake. And the sooner you try to bring him back, the longer he’s going to be dealing with it.

Remember, Calvin was practicing and “feeling better” the week leading up to the Falcons game in London. That’s the point in which too many players with high ankle sprains try to come back, and they end up aggravating it and going back to square one. But instead of playing, we went ahead and sat him for 2 more weeks. This is the only point I’m making about this specific type of injury. When it feels better and you can run and cut on it, give it another 2-3 weeks before trying to play on it.