• Charlie Kohler
  • Damone Clark
  • Darrian Beavers
  • Justyn Ross
  • Tariq Woolen
  • Isiah Spiller
  • JoJo Dolman
  • Darrian Kinnard

Sucks we don’t have a 4th rounder. All these guys are HIGH quality players that would see the field for the Lions.

4 Likes

A tight end.

3 Likes

Hoping they double up on linebacker, in round five.

Would u trade 2023 2nd for 103/118/124

Get a QB a LB and a TE and still have a few picks left

Why do we need 2 rookie LBers?

4 Likes

I’ve really liked their draft but I’m super concerned what happens if Goff misses games. I really was hoping to improve at backup QB. I would have gone with Sam Howell. I guess we could still get someone, maybe Strong or Zappe but they’re probably both gone before our next pick.

So everyone complaining about us not drafting a LB can complain that we didnt draft 3 LBs. Best I can come up with.

2 Likes

Maybe we can trade Trinity Benson for a pick…

5 Likes

Like, for a guitar, right

8 Likes

No an i don’t think teams are trading 2023 picks this draft

1 Like

I would love it the Lions used their last 2 picks on Hassan Haskins and Josh Ross…Haha

Understand what you mean but are any going to be better than the 3 we have now if Goff gets hurt an really not many teams have what you can call a great backup a few do thats about it.

Also remember an i am not big fan but when we needed a backup they didn’t get job done but same time of the season Goff sucked also without weapons,

Maybe to GB

1 Like

YES! No matter who starts next year, we need to improve the QB room. While I like our backups as locker room fits, they are TERRIBLE players. Howell’s floor would be a really nice backup QB.

If Goff misses games, we pick higher. Our backups are that bad. Howell would be a nice pickup. Get him groomed up as a pro, with the lingo/language, with the playbook, develop some timing with the WRs, etc. There are still things that only being in the game can teach you. I liked it when we had Stanton as a backup, and thought we should have kept him around. Mobile backup that brought a different element that the other team hadn’t planned to defend.

I think Howell could actually have a chance to make it as a starter should Goff flop.

They were bad but at time they played the whole O was bad. If you recall Goff sucked also early until we got are LOT back an we picked up the WR an moved the RB from practice squad

They are not great but to say one from this draft is better? i am not so sure. If we do draft one who knows we might get lucky.

1 Like

Yup. I agree. It gave us a chance to see a lot of tape on how Goff responded to adversity. He didn’t even have the occasional successful play. he failed over…and over…and over…and over. It was rough to watch. No QB should be asked to do what Goff was last year, and nobody would succeed in terms of winning games, but Goff didn’t even sporadically have spot success. His mind melted. He gets paralyzed by adversity.

In playoff games, there is always adversity.

Going into last season, I was thinking 60% chance Goff is the guy.
Going into this season, I think 30% chance Goff is the guy.

He will dramatically improve…the team will win a fair amount of games (10)…and some of us are going to see it through the lens of “Goff winning,” while others see it through the lens of “Goff being carried.”

I want him to win, because that puts the rebuild 2 years ahead of schedule…I just dont believe in him as much as I used to.

1 Like

2 guys around pick 180

Austin Allen and Malcom Rodriguez. That would work.

Damone Clark on a redshirt and roll of the dice is interesting as well.

2 Likes

Im on board with this

1 Like

Isaiah Lightly

I think Tim Boyle looks better this pre season and if he needs to step in. He seems really excited to help out in the QB room. I think brought probably provides a lot on scout but can be upgraded.