DeAndre Hopkins To Be Dealt Soon

I could see the Giants or Vikings being big on him.

Hopkins was suspended for performance enhancing drugs.
Watson was suspended for forming her hands on his nuts.

You know, for a guy who had EXTREME character red flags coming out of the combine, Hopkins has had a relatively quiet career on and off the field from that standpoint. The guy obviously puts in the work to keep himself on top of his game, and while everyone knows the cliff is approaching, he’s someone I’d roll the dice on for two years.

If he’s putting a ring in front of finances, that’s true love of the game right there.

1 Like

Baltimore for sure, but they’re hamstrung from making any moves by the Lamar situation.

Aside from Baltimore I think he makes the most sense for Carolina, Minnesota, and Giants. Not the best spots as far as ring-chasing, but could certainly be worse. I also think Buffalo could be an outside contender if they decide to try and upgrade from Gabe Davis.

1 Like

Watson was taking performance enhancing drugs as well. No one can have that many special massages without some help. lol

1 Like

A 5th and 6th like Cooks got in Dallas would do it…?

The Lions should be all over this.

1 Like

$19.5 million cap hit in 2023 and $15 million in 2024…

So restructure. He is one of the best in the league. People want to pay Chark 10 or 12 million but won’t touch Hopkins.

They aren’t even in the same universe.

4 Likes

If I traded for anyone it would be for a DT like DeForest Buckner. Hopkins is still an elite WR IMO. He will seriously help whoever gets him. We don’t need him. We don’t even need Chark. Jamo will take Charks place, and hopefully Jamo isn’t just a one trick pony. Jamo would have been a top 10 pick, but even at 12 (same thing really), I want him to be Justin Jefferson.

I have serious doubts about this based on one year of observations.

3 Likes

It won’t take anywhere near that much.

Most expect ARZ to get a 3rd this year and nothing more.

It’s Hopkins availability that’s hurting Chark’s chances of getting a deal done.

Carolina is supposed to be interested in both players.

2 Likes

I do as well. Too often, as Lions fans, we get caught up in paper upgrade assumptions prior to there being any real, on the field, production to back those assumptions. Williams could still be a complete bust, I don’t want that to be the case, but right now, grounded in reality, we just don’t know one way or the other. He’s got to earn it.

From that perspective, I wouldn’t mind exploring trading for Hopkins, because I think with the moves made, the Lions appear to be close to cashing in their Super Bowl chips this year. If they can make it work with the cap, there’s not a third round pick we can make that would have the immediate impact of Hopkins paired with St. Brown. Every other skill player on offense would benefit as a result.

Again though, it has to work financially, and I have a hard time seeing that happening without seriously mortgaging the future, which is something I believe this front office is looking to avoid.

1 Like

#6 and #55 for Dhop and #3

draft Willie at #3

He’s one of the best in the league so he should take a paycut? :thinking:

1 Like

Fro. What i have read Ari would pay for some of that salary if he deosnt restructure. If he restrutured there are many ways to manipulate the cap if you want to.

Sooner or later we are going to have to pay some guys.

Doesn’t feel like a Brad Holmes move… They’d rather pay their guys

Ok, so money wise it doesn’t sound like Hopkins is an option unless they really work some magic.

But I’m still confident that Chark will be back.

The Lions might actually need a WR badly one could argue. J Williams could easily do in year two what he did in year one. Pretty much nothing. St Brown is legit, if Williams doesn’t take a step forward the rest of the WR room is laughably average at best.

If you were a fan of another team which one of the other WR’s scare you? It’s the Oline & Goff knowing where to go with the ball at the right time that makes this offense go. Just imagine what it could do if they did add a bonafide guy like Hopkins to the mix

4 Likes

You might be right, but “what if” can be said about any player really. There are many LEGIT reasons why Jamo didn’t do much in year one. And a lot was openly discussed. Jamo was arguably considered the top WR in that class, and might of been a top 10 pick. He went 12 which is still extremely high. NO ONE is drafting a player that high without the expectation of him being one of their top players. Actually, WR1 if we’re being honest. Its like saying we better sign a really good player in case so, so dont work out. So all teams gamble. Or else the whole trade up was a huge blunder.

Thats part of the excitement of '23. Basically a 6th, 12th and 18th first round picks.

1 Like

Seems weird that the Cards would take negative balue to give D-Hop away…

pick 3 = 2200
pick 6 = 1600
pick 55 = 350

so Lions get 2200 points & D-Hop…… in exchange for 1950 points.
:face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle:

1 Like