Decker provides Cap relief

Absolutely correct. This move is like taking money out of the ATM and stuffing it in your wallet before heading somewhere that only takes cash. If you don’t spend it, you still have it when you get back.

Blake Martinez?

So we must be making a move, right

Not trying to be careless with the Beanz, but I’m not certain how ANYONE could be let down with draft #1

• 1-Sewell- All World
  • 2-Levi- Injured, he might work out, but has many doubts
  • 3-Iffy, had a decent 1st year, I believe he will be a regular starter by year 3.
    ++4- Amon-Ra, STUD!
  • 4B- Barnes, will be starting this year
    ? 7- Jefferson, 7th round pick what do you expect?

6 picks in the 21 draft of which 4 will be starters in the NFL by year 3. Thats a huge win in any draft.

2022 I can list all the picks I feel will be starters in 2-3 years and feel great about this draft class as well. But it’s not fair to judge any of them before playing 1 game let alone a couple of years.
Not sure where the doubt comes in on Holmes drafting, any team that can get 3 starters year in and year out is pretty average, walk away with 4 and you have a very good draft. If the health and play improve between Barnes and Levi O, we end up with 5 starters from the 21 draft.
Sewell, Aman-Ra, D.Barnes, Iffy and Levi O.
Let’s let the 22 class play out, by years end we might be looking at 5 more.
Hutch, JaMo, Mitchell, Rodrego, & Joseph.

1 Like

Sewell

ASB

McNeill

Barnes/Iffy/Levi- we just need 1 to prove worthy of
Starting.

2 Likes

Probably not with $3m in space plus some here and there for IR/PUP shuffles.

2023 OTC has us at 23M under, but that is before the inevitable Brockers cut and $10m savings.

Rokwara would save anothe $7m and Cabinda $3m

But, gotta figure in rookies, resigning our own guys
AO, Fox, Brown, Price (Chark?) and a few of $1.5-3m guys plus some ERFAs.

2023 isnt going to be spendapalooza either until something happens with Goff in either direction.

2 Likes

So we are going to suck.

we suck again GIF

3 Likes

No, they just have to really really hit on the draft picks,Goff has to be The Guy and sprinkle in one impact FA.

I think we all can see 23 where Barnes and Rodrigo are starting, extended AO and Okwara, Walker as keys to the DBs, with what looks like pretty decent depth. Edge could be set for a bit and 1 DT spot looks good and maybe depth does too at Edge and DT. Gotta see how guys perform this year

Assuming a Hock extension and Jamo at full speed, the skill positions are set, with just a ? on if they bring back Swaggy. Line is set for 23 it looks like.

So I would expect the big offseason FA to be a S, LB if one of the two young guys fails, or a nasty DT.

Plus the draft. With a little luck, that can be a playoff team.

2 Likes

We dont know about the draft picks yet. Still a wait and see. Sewell and st Brown look great, but rest are still a big who knows right now.

I dont see Hock staying unless we over pay.

This is the equivalent of restructuring Riley Reiff instead of Stafford.

Love it!

Except for 2 extremely important facts…
Decker is WAY better than Reiff.
And…
Stafford is WAY better than Goff.
details, details.

I DO believe Goff shows major improvement this year.
I also am thankful they waited to see before extending him.

We needed to restructure someone and because we needed so much cap space, Goff made the most sense. We used his restructure money to sign low end UFA’s and our rookies plus get us through the season. We actually ran out of cap space and had to restructure Vaitai late in the season just to squeak by.

6 Likes

Sorry brother but you are correct, it is in the details.

Year 6 for Matthew with a shit-ton more talent around him.
4,257 yards, 60.3%, 22TD’s, 12 int’s. 85.7 rating

Year 6 for Goff on a new team with probably the worst WR corp we’ve ever seen in Detroit and almost his whole O-line hurt.
3,245 yards, 67.2%, 19TD’s, 8 int’s, 91.5 rating.

Decker / Reiff = Tomato, Tomahto

Tuuuh.mayyy.toe
lOL
I see Matt’s leadership as the primary reason they got a title this year.
I see Goff’s leadership style as the primary reason the rams didn’t.

Both are still growing, and I DO believe in goff. Stafford has never had an OL - Ever. Stats said they did a couple of years, until you look into it…Matt had the 2nd fastest release in the NFL for 2 years (behind only P.Manning) because they had to overcompensate for lack of line play. Stats are cool, and can raise fun discussions. Watching Matt will his team to so many comeback victories on shit rosters was very cool.

Goff doesn’t create like that. He needs better protection and talent around him.

It had nothing to do with energy or leadership.
It’s pretty simple really, Stafford had Kupp in the playoffs and Superbowl, Goff did not.
Do you really think the Rams go to the Superbowl last year without Kupp?

…and yet Goff took the Rams to the Superbowl without Kupp and still might have won if Cooks doesn’t drop 2 TD passes.

Stafford is the master of come-back wins and there’s probably no one else you’d want at QB at the end of the game…but 2018 Goff stats were pretty similar to 2021 Stafford stats.
And again, that was year 3 for Goff, year 13 for Matt…although Matt had a really great year 3 himself (statwise anyways).

Goff is a really good QB, he doesn’t get enough credit. His stretch the last 5 games:
71.5% completion rate, 11 TD’s, 2 int’s.
5.5 TD to Int
109.7 Rating
Not just any QB can put-up these kind of stats with the team that Goff had around him, even at the end of the year last year.

4 Likes

He played very well at the end of last season! I’m hopeful with all the new weapons we added, we will see a much improved Goff for the entire season and not just a 5 game stretch. I’m cautiously optimistic. If we can get the running game really going behind a strong O-line, Goff has been very good in his career using play action.

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t expect his #'s to be as good for 17 games but hopefully we see more passing air yards yet keeping an efficient offense.
I really think it will be next year that it really all comes together.

2 Likes

This guy could change everything for the offense!

Lions Williams GIF by The Undroppables

4 Likes

thank you Decker very big of you.

1 Like