Decker provides Cap relief

Is it the QB or is it the Albert Haynesworth syndrome?

Kenny didn’t look this bad when David Blough was his QB.

1 Like

Yeah just saying those wr are fit for Brady type offense. No wr can be good with jones.

I think walker fits in their system pretty good. And had a decent pre season. Hutch maybe better but walker i think will be good

Let me try this again.
Two years in a row the guy they coveted fell in their laps.

Fair point! KG did look real good with Blow!

1 Like

Add Alim and Barnes. Alim will be a flat out STUD! Barnes is going to start most games this year. Thats 4 starters from the 21 draft in 1 years time! If Levi gets healthy, that will make 5. Big if w/Levi at this point, but I have hope for him!

1 Like

I want this regime to succeed. Don’t get me wrong, but, I’m seeing some chinks in their armor.
Taking risks on injured players is going to bite them in the ass at some point. Probably sooner…well, T. Williams and Perriman, already did.
Those horrible decisions are probably major contributors to our 3 win season, and anybody could have seen it coming.
Then there’s the backup QB’s. I guess picking up a guy with a 74 QBR in place of the 62 and 64 QBR’s is something? But, again, one of those games was preseason against scrubs that landed him a 129 rating. Take that off his average and you have Boyle.

1 Like

he’s damn sure better looking now.
Also - he will be better next year than last.

Sewell is FAR superior to T-Deck. Not even close.

Yup!

Yup - they could have easily taken a DT, Thibz, or a QB. These things are not slam dunks…unnnless your GM is Brad Holmes! :wink:

Damn you saw TWill’s injury coming when they signed him, that’s impressive.

2 Likes

They could have also traded down. The logic of not giving someone credit for a pick they made is silly to me. They made the pick. Some people used the same logic with your boy Suh. First…Suh wasn’t the #1 pick in the draft, so a team passed on him. Second…there were many “experts” that said they would take McCoy over Suh because he had more upside as a pass rusher. No matter the circumstances, the GM still had to make the pick.

2 Likes

So Matt Millen was a draft genius for taking CJ?

A “draft genius” would be a label you would give someone over many picks over an extended period of time. Noone should be labeled a draft genius based on one pick.

But Matt Millen should be given credit for taking CJ. We should not act like it never happened. There were many different ways he could have used that pick. And there was a team that picked before Millen that chose a different path.

1 Like

Correct!
it comes down to a handful of things.

1. Baldness. (either you have it, or ya dont)
  2. Picks over time
    -Are they starters, rotational players, difference makers, or cut?
  3. UDFAs
  4. FAs
  5. Picking Coaches and how they do

In reading the title, I thought “Cap Relief” is when captain America’s comes in to save the day.
…which lead me to believe this would be another conversation about Jack MF’n Fox!

Well I guess he did pick CJ and not Joe Thomas. LOL
I’m just messing, he could have taken Gaines Adams instead…or AP. I guess the odds were in his favor, that’s what happened when Mayhew picked Suh as well, McCoy was good too, 60 sacks to Suh’s 70 and McCoy hasn’t recorded a sack since 2019.
Trent Williams was the pick after McCoy.

My understanding with the Goff thing, is that it made it more financially painful for us to part ways sooner. If we were going to use that money to go grab an impact starter last year, then ok. But not doing that, and tying yourself more to Goff didn’t make sense.

On the Decker thing, I hadn’t read that we were over the cap. This is just giving us extra room this year. The thought I suppose is if we take a slew of injuries, we can absorb that cost. We have a lot of money sitting on the sidelines hurt right now.

We are spending a lot of our CAP on players not currently playing. I suspect more than they planned for but they felt the players on the roster made the moves worth it. I think our cap could improve over the year as players return from IR. Jamo alone is costing us 3-4 million in cap. I am sure Deadstroke could put real numers to this that make sense. But I really do believe the cap issues for this year are directly related to our non-rostered players that are costing us money.

1 Like

This confuses the chit out of me, our cap is counting the player on IR as well as the player playing. How does an injured player coming back help the cap? Even if we released the starter, his contract is guaranteed if he’s on the roster week 1.
@DeadStroke, any insights here?

Once the season starts then all 53 rostered players, Practice squad players, PUP and IR players all count toward salary cap.

3 top 10 WR busts (ok Roy was not really a bust) might make you a little gun shy to go there again, but my man Matt Millen was not afraid. LOL.