Demetrious Taylor to be suspended

Most people know the rules but they still think they can get away with it or outsmart the system… they learn the hard way they can’t.

3 Likes

Dan Campbell does, he has said it publicly.

2 Likes

…or did they?
I’m guessing they did. We turned ourself in and we aren’t the big market team

1 Like

Also, brother, I think you’re absolutely right… The truth is probably in the middle on this one

Players have come forward and admitted everyone is doing it. There was an athletic article on it.

The NFL has stated they repeatedly have warned players on Gambling. It’s also brought up in rookie orientation classes.

The Lions have a rules sign posted in the locker room and it states on it that gambling is not allowed.

Players know it’s not allowed and that it’s against the rules.

4 Likes

The Lions reported themselves, and when the other teams saw Jamo get 6 games they went into blind and mute mode.

3 Likes

Us and the Colts who we spent a lot of time with last year in preseason with joint practices.

The 2 teams on Hard Knocks last year with the cameras rolling were busted for gambling the most. Isn’t that interesting!? hmmmm no wonder no one wants to be on the show, lol

2 Likes

^ Now that’s interesting … :thinking:

3 Likes

There’s no point in anyone offering an alternative nickname for Mr. Taylor. The suggestion box is officially closed. Bravo!!

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure the Lions don’t have to do anything now. The NFL did it for us.

4 Likes

[quote]=“NowFromTN, post:8, topic:24319”][quote=“stephenboyd57, post:2, topic:24319”]
Please tell me we’re done now! 5 players and 4 staff members busted. Enough is enough. Still no big market teams getting busted…hmmmm geez I wonder why!?
[/quote]

They are definitely handling this “team by team” and working connections to particular players. One thing to remember is that some teams CAN’T have this particular problem of gambling from a cell phone because the apps aren’t legal and don’t work in their state.

Here is a coverage map for Draftkings. Only the teams in green states have to worry about it. There are alot of NFL teams in the black and grey areas. Orange means the guy would have to walk into an establishment and can’t do it from his phone.

8 Likes

Not trying to make this political, but the non green state players gamble the old fashion way, through a family friend! :wink:

1 Like

Maybe that’s the one part of The Patriot Way the Lions should have adopted. Don’t say shit, hope that they quit, and keep lying until they make you admit it.

3 Likes

The only thing that matters to me is if the media sit up straight when asking questions! Have some respect for the game. :wink:

3 Likes

I’m amazed at the number of people that don’t think the Lions are culpable in this. Everyone deserves some blame for this from the player, agents, NFLPA, NFL and team.

But, 11 NFL suspensions in the last 15 months, half were the Lions players plus they supposedly fired several employees for gambling also. I can’t fathom anyone not thinking that the Lions have an issue.

Luckily, the magnitude of the suspensions/cuts should send a clear message. Too bad we couldn’t have done what 27 other NFL teams were able to do and not get players suspended (I realize half aren’t able to use the mobile app in their states).

1 Like

The fact that some of their former teammates will likely never play in the nfl again should probably be a pretty big deterrent moving forward. Imagine how dumb you’d have to be to continue gambling on nfl games if you were a current Lions player.

2 Likes

When I saw who it was and knowing we cut him I was happy.

I wanted to read that article but it was behind a pay wall. Did it say more players admitted behind closed doors to braking the rules that werent caught?

Is it going to come out eventually that the NFL knew about many more guilty players that they chose not to punish? That would be a scandal

1 Like

It could be that the Lions did a bad job teaching the policy. I think its also on the player’s union too. And what we don’t know is how honest the Lions were when there was an infraction. It could be they were more willing to self report than other teams. I find a lot of unknowns out there to really assess too much blame in any one area. A very unfortunate situation though that could have easily been avoided.

1 Like

I considered “De’met’a Trailer Park” but I’m not that mean spirited. Yet.