Derick Henry - Once in a Lifetime Player

In the MNF thread from yesterday, we had several people in awe of Henry, myself included. I think he deserves his own thread. He’s the most entertaining and best back I’ve ever watched since Barry. QB’s get all the love and attention but I think Henry is the best individual player in the NFL, and it’s not close.

Henry has 783 yards rushing and 10 TD’s in 6 games. He’s literally on pace for over 2200 yards rushing and 28 TD’s. Video game stats on beginner level of madden. And he’s also caught 16 passes for 138 yards. He’s got an outside shot at 3000 yards combined. Staying healthy will be the key, but I can’t remember a running back since Barry where I didn’t want to miss a single snap when he’s on the field.

I never got to see Jim Brown play, before my time, but Henry has to be getting close to being the GOAT.

Thoughts!?

8 Likes

Tennessee Titans Running GIF by SportsManias

1 Like

Love big, angry RBs. Love Barry more.
I think he’s got a way to go, before entering GOAT convo, but I sure do love nasty, ugly football. Lynch was fun in his prime too. AP was amazing.
Barry did it every year.

2 Likes

He throws NFL defenders around with that stiff arm like they are high school level players.

4 Likes

Lynch was nasty, but Henry is much better than he was. He’s bigger, faster, stronger and better in the pass game.

4 Likes

All true.

1 Like

Henry’s Yards per Game for 19, 20 and the 6 games of 2021:

Lynch hit 99 yards once.
Lynch also had a pretty righteous 4-year stretch (11-14). Let’s see if Henry can keep this up for a couple more years+.

2 Likes

He’s just a brute!:laughing:
By far the best RB of his generation and definitely top 10 all time. Probably top 5.
Personally, I’d put him at #4, behind Brown, Barry, and Payton.

1 Like

I’ve got Josh Allen, Derrick Henry, and Nick Chubb. The league is f’n mine this year!

2 Likes
3 Likes

If that’s true, we better draft Forest Jr. next year first overall, lol

1 Like

I guess I really haven’t watched him as much as I thought and I love running backs !

I could see why defenders don’t want to tackle him.

I always forget that the Titans got him in the 2nd.

I guess the draft doesn’t end after the 1st round. :flushed:

2 Likes

He is so big, but he glides…it’s almost unsettling…like you’re in a canoe on a lake and out of nowhere there’s a destroyer bearing down on you at flank speed.

4 Likes

Bo Jackson, so maybe twice in a life time. Guy ran a 4.1 something and was a monster at 230. Not as big as Henry but I’d say that’s a close comparison.

2 Likes

I had no idea he was doing that well.

He’d be scary to try to tackle

1 Like

As somebody said on Twitter (one of you?), he looks like Corey Schlesinger and runs like Barry.

2 Likes

Henry is a beast. I got him in the 4th round of my FF draft a couple of years ago. Big, fast, and strong. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

I like Henry but the best RBs I’ve seen since Barry are Marshall Faulk and Purple Jesus.

adrian peterson running GIF

1 Like

Best pure athlete I’ve ever seen. I wish he stayed healthy but playing 2 professional sports at his level of competitiveness can do that to you. I remember him hitting a routine ground ball to 2nd base in his rookie yr and the 2nd baseman took his time thinking it was nothing and Jackson blazed like a 4.2 and beat it out. Guy was ridiculous

2 Likes