Deshaun Watson trade to Detroit?

Watson any day for me too , he is talented like Wilson and mahomes and has the hunger . Every penny worth

It would take a trade like this for me to move Stafford.

This would only happen if Watson refuses to play for the Texans again. And if he does that who knows what is possible. That ain’t happening any time soon though so I am not holding my breath.

If we are gonna trade Matt we need to get better now AND later. Watson would do that for us.

BR proposed:

Lions: Deshaun Watson

Texans: Jeff Okudah, 2021 1st (7), Future Day 2 Pick.

I don’t see that having any chance of working, but I’d have to entertain that.

I don’t see any reason why anyone makes any trade like this.

I would take it for sure. Not sure Watson would want to go from a team with it’s problems, to a new team with the same problems. Doesn’t make much sense for him. Though he does not have last say where he goes

Actually he does, he has a no trade clause, that he can waive if he wants, but the Texans can’t trade him without his permission.

Hmm, thanks for that. I was unaware he has the NTC. Good for him. We definitely have 0 shot at him then :slight_smile:

Wouldn’t mind cheering Stafford as a Texan…

2 Likes

Stafford might not like the idea of doing press conference together with watt . Stafford will pass it

People are really reaching when they come up with these scenarios.

1 Like

They traded Hopkins. But I doubt watson gets traded any time soon

My understanding is “they” didn’t trade Hopkins, Bill O’Brien did when he had that brief power and had some personal issues with DeAndre. Another reason why you shouldn’t give a coach personnel power, unless you have a rare guy that can separate his job as a coach and job as a personnel man.

1 Like

It was just reported that the Texans are the only team that didn’t interview Robert Saleh. So that makes them the only team to not interview Bienemy or Saleh.

And allegedly two guys that Watson asked them to specifically interview. Interesting situation.

Am I the only one that thinks he’s handling this poorly?

Owner isn’t handling it well either. Why would you tell your qb he will be involved in GM interview process ?

As a QB, why would you think you should be involved in GM interview?

I totally get HC interview by why would any qb be in GM interview ?

If that’s the only reason Watson is asking for a trade then I think he’s being a silly goose.

Admittedly, I haven’t studied up on this one much

3 Likes

Stafford is blessed to have an owner like Ford , it’s true

John brown running in the middle remind me of Marvin Harrison

It doesn’t matter why Watson would think he should be a part of the process once you process the other statement you made…they told him he would be a part of the process.

2 Likes

Doesn’t help that in his rookie season the owner (at the time, he’s since passed) said “can’t have the inmates running the prison”… It’s been touch and go with ownership for a while

Yep. Don’t tell him he’s going to part of the process and then shit on him. Texans have been screwing this up for a while now.

Doubt Watson will be traded. Cooler heads will prevail

1 Like