Detroit Lions 2023 Draft Slots

to clarifyā€¦ā€¦

Lions receive a 3rd rounder in 2024 from Vikings no matter what happensā€¦ā€¦

and Vikings get a 4th round pick from Lions if Vikings lose to Giantsā€¦ or a 5th round pick in in 2024 if they beat the Giants.

3 Likes

It might include 2023 playoffs too, I havenā€™t seen that specified anywhere.

I believe it is strictly reliant upon this weekendā€™s game.

1 Like

Smart move by Kwesi. He knows Lions fans are the best in the NFL. So he created a situation where some of us will be tempte to root for his team, giving them superpowers.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not sure we should root for or against the Vikings. We either end up with a mid 2 and losing a 5th, or a late 2 and losing a 4th. They are probably about equal in total value. I suppose I am rooting for them to lose, because i want more draft capital in 2024 when the draft is in Detroit.

The Lions benefit in the 2024 draft if Minny wins a playoff gameā€¦
because the Lions send a 5th rounder instead of a 4th rounderā€¦
but it could just be keeping pick #125-130 vs having pick#160-165

There is no benefit to the Vikings game.

If Vikings lose vs NYG we get a HIGHER 2nd round pick this year. Therefore we have to make up for it by giving them our 4th in 2024.

If Vikings win vs NYG we get a LOWER 2nd round pick this year. Therefore we only have to give them a 5th.

2024 draft we get their 3rd round pick, wherever it may be.

EDIT: which is donā€™t be surprised if the 2nd round pick from Hock is used to move around in the draft. Either up or down. Down we could obviously recoup our 4th. Or next yearā€™s lost pick.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.