Detroit Lions exploiting their one big advantage on defense: 'Fear

Not sure on comparing this defense to 2014, or the bar has been that low since 2014 which may actually make sense.

Snippets:

But if Thursday’s 21-20 win over the Kansas City Chiefs is any indication, this year’s Lions have a chance to be at least the franchise’s best defensive unit since 2014 — and maybe more.

“I like where our defense is at,” Lions coach Dan Campbell said Friday. “And yet, when we get it where we really want it, I think we’re looking at something, I think, defensively that we haven’t had in a long time.”

But this year’s Lions have two things those of 2014 did not: Some of the best defensive depth in the NFL, and an abundance of youth that has the unit still ascending up a potentially special track.

“I feel like it’s kind of, we’ve been missing the pieces and I feel like we finally have it defensively,” veteran linebacker Alex Anzalone said. “That doesn’t mean we’re perfect or we’re the most dominant players ever at some positions, but at the same time we h

https://sports.yahoo.com/detroit-lions-exploiting-one-big-100538427.html?src=rss

Always go for the throat. Buy low, sell high.

Fear, that’s the other guy’s problem.

Nothing can prepare you for the unbridled carnage you are about to witness.

The Super Bowl, the World Series.

Pressure? Here it’s kill or be killed.

Make no friends and take no prisoners.

3 Likes

This finished the article:

But unlike most of the past two years, when the defense was a liability clawing to keep up, this year’s group is a decided strength that’s only getting better.

“Look, I think (Thursday’s defensive performance) really shows what we’re going to be capable of this year,” Campbell said. “And I just bring it up again, we played some good football defensively last night, and yet there’s so much room to improve. I mean, we’ve got a lot of little things we’ve got to clean up that are going to make us so much better. So I think, man, I thought we played really well.”

3 Likes

Yes sir!:clap:

3 Likes

Love it.

Fear factor will grow too

We will prove to be extremely opportunistic too.

2 Likes

I think this is really accurate.

That unit is young so mistakes are going to happen. But they are very talented to and when they clean up some of their issues I expect them to be a top 10-15 defense.

1 Like

They have the potential and depth to be better than the 2014 defense. They were #1 for a couple weeks and finished #2.

Patrick Swayze Deal With It GIF

Am greatly looking forward to many more interceptions from the Lions Secondary this year. We’ve got a lot of ballhawks back there…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.