Detroit Lions' 'two-headed monster' backfield is set to be fully unveiled now

3 Likes

Get them on the field together…

3 Likes

Looking forward to seeing it.

2 Likes

“In the three games he’s started, rookie RB Jahmyr Gibbs has a league-best 132.3 yards from scrimmage per. Maybe keep him in the starting lineup even with war hammer RB David Montgomery set to return from a rib injury?”

Thats a very interesting stat, maybe we have been too hard on Gibbs even before his breakout agaisnt the Raiders? I know it is a small sample size, but anytime you are best in the league at something it is noteworthy.

1 Like

And Gibbs hasn’t even broken a big one yet. Long of 27. The 70+ house call is coming.

10 Likes

Hello!! | Archer tv show, Archer show, Archer

3 Likes

And we should all be concerned for @BigNatty as he is about to likely have a coronary. This has been his dream (wet maybe?) since the draft pick of Gibbs.
Not to mention once the Jamo is fully engaged he will possibly just fall over from joy. And please lets not clutter this post with Jamo discussion. I am more or less poking at Natty and having some fun with his Jamo/Gibby love affair. :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

Yes. Not every snap. But at least 10 to 15 snaps I would have them out there together. Real matchup problem.

2 Likes

Nah! Not Lions fans. It’s the positional values fault! Brad should follow conventional wisdom.

1 Like

Gibbs, Monty, ARSB, JAMO. Look out. Who you going to cover.

Then there is LaPorta and DPJ. I think DPJ is going to be more than a depth piece like people are saying. Is it possible he is our WR2?

2 Likes

Exactly!

I love both these backs and understand the rationale for RB by committee, but I actually prefer letting one or the other get into rhythm vs sharing carries. I’m saying that as a former RB who liked getting into a rhythm! :wink: In his first time duty at RB all season long, Gibbs put up 200+ yards himself! I totally respect Montgomery, but I’d personally be giving the load to Gibbs. Let Montgomery pound out around the goal line.

1 Like

I agree! I think we might be pleasantly surprised by this DPJ addition! La Porta is a known entity at this point and NFL ready. I like the pickup. I’m not sure DPJ is ready to have the precision required of BJ’s offense at this point. But I presume he’s working his ass off to do so as it’s a great opportunity to shine knowing the Lions are waiting for someone to stepup and fill that WR3!

2 Likes

Running a screen play? Make damn sure it’s to Gibbs every single, effing time. In fact, run it when they least expect it - a lot!

Do It Watchmen GIF by Legendary Entertainment

https://twitter.com/tejfbanalytics/status/1722008535867785274

4 Likes

That graph is a text book definition of lighting and thunder running backs.

Monty the pace maker opening play action getting consistent 3-4 yards per.

Gibbs the explosion. Could bust the big one any time

1 Like

It’s like waiting for water to boil, but once it does, man we are cookin’.

1 Like

That’s very impressive. It doesn’t seem like he’s had that many big runs. Probably because he hasn’t broken one for huge yards (yet).

On a side note, imagine how much fun it would have been to use him in Tecmo Bowl.

1 Like

You are 13 hours late… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I thought that was more the plain English version. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like