Detroit Tigers

I will reiterate, the pitch clock has to be the best change in MLB in a long time.

3 Likes

I will admit, they’re playing better ball than I expected. Pitching has been their strength. Some timely hitting. It’s just too early to think it can continue. If by the All Star game they’re still competitive than I have some hope.

Rodriguez will be gone by than, the earlier the better in terms of player return. No way he doesn’t opt out if he continues his pitching. Get some new toys for him. There’s a lot of teams with starting pitching needs, and very good outfield talent they can use as chips.

Agree on this, although I am now curious to see what Harris does with Rodriguez regarding his status. Does he see if he is interested in staying, renogiate or just trade him? We will learn what Harris thinks about this team and their status real soon.

I think you still trade him as it is the best way to add young talented hitters that you have team control over for a while.

I was thinking exactly the same thing as I typed it up. Wondering if Harris would actually try to redo his contract to keep him here, especially if we’re competitive.

The pitching has been remarkable considering the Tigers are without Skubal, Mize, and Manning.

Although maybe that shouldn’t be so surprising given how much Avila invested in pitchers to the detriment of position players/hitters.

2 Likes
1 Like

Regarding Rodriguez from the News:
He is making 14m this season and can opt out, News writer opines he will most certainly opt out if he keeps pitching like he has to start the season. He roughly 15 starts left before the deadline. He has 49m over 3yrs left on his current Tiger contract. If, IF, he keeps pitching like has been he can double that after opting out???

The opt out which was what led to him siging in Detroit, now works against Detroit as the SP is basically a three month rental. How much will a team give up for a rental?

Can only hope that Harris can get a bidding war going for him with some teams that will, hopefully, desparately need starting pitching. We saw this with Upton, JD Martinez and Avila as GM, now, we see what Harris is all about.

1 Like

Blast from the past:

Andy Dirks

@AndyDirks12

·

3h

I’ll be calling the

@tigers

game with Dan Dickerson today. Radio booth here we come.

1 Like

The AL East is freaken loaded with good teams. I wish my Jays were in a different division. Every team is over .500 - The Yanks with their 300 million dollar payroll in last place, gotta love that.

Here is a wild stat… 90 wins and 43 losses - That’s the AL east’s record vs teams in other divisions so far this year.

3 Likes

Seattle pimp slaps the tigers twice.

Gotta be a good Celtic and hit at least 1 free throw here.

Well, Tigers avoid the sweep, so, there’s that.

2 Likes

My nephew just started playing baseball and guess what his team’s name is? The Blue Jays!

I’m gonna have to go buy a hat… and I always liked them so I think I’m a fan now.

If you’ll accept me into the blue jays fan club. I have no idea how to watch them, gonna have to dig up the dirty streams lol.

Also I know you don’t like the leafs but man, that sucks for them. I hope they figure it out, it’s a better NHL when the leafs are good. I hated them in 92-93 but eventually started pulling for them against LA.

I hope they can keep it up, just be a tough team to play. I like Foley and Maton even though I know they aren’t the best… but it’s fun seeing them at the least compete.

Your nephew just joined a great club! Also tons of room on the fan club, you’ve already been to Windsor, that’s enough reason to be a Jays fan in my book.

And the Leafs won a playoff series, wish I cared, but if the Leafs can win in the playoffs so can the Lions! Hell must be freezing over. @socko is still in shock over that one! haha

1 Like

Blue jays gear on the way!!!

We just swept the Braves 3 straight, so buy quickly before something bad happens, lol

Ok, I laughed at the line in the middle of this paragraph, and no, itsn’t laughing at the Tigers have a longshot chance to win the division…the division is horrible. But, no, i don’t see it happening.

From everyone’s favorite Freep writer, who surprisingly, has been somewhat positive on everything.

Even though it’s hard to quantify what a “good” team really is, I can tell you with confidence the Tigers sure ain’t one of them. But they don’t need to be. They just need to show improvement, keep stealing a series here and there, and be just one game better than the best team in baseball’s worst division in order to lock up a playoff spot.

Yeah, I know. Putting “Tigers” and “playoffs” in the same sentence is like putting “Mario” and “Rod” in the same sentence — with one chair. :rofl:

But as wild and improbable as it is to think it might happen, it truly isn’t out of the question to imagine the Tigers either winning the division or making it a race late in the season.

At least you can see the growth and potential of Greene and especially torkelson this season.

That’s exactly how I became a lonely Detroit fan in NJ. Sixty years and at least 200 heart-breaking seasons later, no one can question my loyalty.

3 Likes

Haha that’s awesome man!

1 Like