Devin Lloyd vs. Nakobe Dean

I’ve watched more of Lloyd, and prefer him right now. I’m going to watch more of Dean obviously, and he looks really impressive tonight, but I feel like I’m really going to like Lloyd after he crushes us tommorow.

Feel free to reply with your opinions.

I’ve watched every UGA game, live near Athens and they are my second college team, love Dean but, I would be happy with either one in Honolulu blue

2 Likes

What he said ^

Dean has looked very good tonight.

1 Like

Can we get both?

2 Likes

Dean is making money tonight

1 Like

I’d be ecstatic with either one. It pains me to say this bc I’ve loved Lloyd since last year but I think I go Dean. Dean’s coverage trait is probably more special than any one Lloyd trait and both are really well rounded.

No to both though.

2 Likes

Lloyd is more raw, amazing athlete though.

They’re both lights out LB’ers IMO

2 Likes

I really like the cut of Dean’s jib. Looks like the prototypical LBer needed in todays nfl. Smart, athletic and aggressive. Add him and Marcus Williams at safety via FA and I think it would cover for a lot of the small mistakes elsewhere and just clean the whole defender up. Add a solid vet to the interior line and a pass rusher with first pick and I believe we would have a top 16/above average defense easy next season.

1 Like

Dean or Hamilton would do more to propel this D to an elite level than either of the DE’s. I think we have more unrealized DL talent on the roster already with the Okwara brothers and C Harris just to name a couple of pieces…

4 Likes

Lloyd for me but fan of both,

Couldn’t agree more. Plus top 5 DE’s bust almost 50% of the time. Add Hamilton to the secondary, get Dean with the rams pick and this D is on its way. I think there are going to be so many great defensive players available around late 1st / early 2nd that the Lions could really change the foundation of this D. I’m all in on moving down a couple spots and ending up with: Hamilton, Dean, Jobe, best WR (Pickens, Jackson, Dotson, Olave) there is going to be a stud that slides a bit just because there are so many WR’s available. That would completely change what we could do with our coverage.

Will there actually be a market where teams are willing to pay the premium to move up in this year’s draft?

I would say that every pick down as far as Rashawn Slater from last years draft would go 1OA this year if they were eligible. It looks a deep draft but lacking real blue chip quality. I can’t see the likes of the Jets, Giants, Eagles etc throwing away multiple first rounders to move into the top 3 from 7th, 9th etc

I think there may be some bidding because QB needy teams haven’t much to choose from this year.

If Jags take Hutchinson or Thib than maybe a team who wants one of the top two DE’s would move up a few spots for a small premium. There’s also the QB factor that you always have to consider. If a team loves one of the QB’s an extra 2nd and 3rd is doable.

I think both are gone by the Rams pick

I think Lloyd will be the 2nd LB’er drafted after Clark and taken around pick 20. Dean will go late 1st right around our 2nd pick, hopefully to us. More possible if the Rams have an early playoff exit.

Nick Young Reaction GIF

Who’s Clark?

Damone Clark LB - LSU

Edit: I know he’s not high on everyone’s board but I think once he shows his athleticism at the senior bowl and the combine he moves up. Fits a 3-4 zone blitz MLB role perfectly.

1 Like