Did BOB Quinn select correctly?

Getting Ragnow back and everyone healthy at the same time. If we retain our depth guys, we should be solid-to-awesome. o

I’m liking where we’re at. Ready for some home run ability at WR, unless the next J-Will is available (which I STRONGLY doubt). :wink:

Team speed on D. Preferrably angry ppl who create turnovers.

Not sure about Nelson they made draft a solid backup who knows they may sign Crosby…But Nelson was borderline this year you notice difference when Decker got back an Sewell went to ROT.
But starting 5 look good along with Brown

I was also a JK Dobbins supporter (as well as one of the New York Lions fans).

The mileage on the tires was my concern as well.

1 Like

Agreed. They are close and I want to see it with Frank the Tank back in there.

1 Like

We didn’t play a single game all year with this configuration. We still don’t know how good it is.

2 Likes

I wanted:

1. Dobbins. Felt he was much more explosive than Swift, with everything else being about equal.

2. Taylor. Loved his attitude and top end speed. Felt he was a sure thing in the right offense.

3. Swift. Obviously he is a solid back, with great hands. The only super short RB I’ve ever liked is Barry. Swift is a good receiver out of the backfield though, which adds value.

I don’t think it’s a stretch to think that it will be better than what we’ve seen by adding back the NFL’s top young center.

I wanted CEH, Taylor’s mileage had me a bit concerned coming out of college.

I am not a huge fan of 3rd down backs. I love Swift and he is so talented….but I love 3 down backs who are just bulls….that being said Taylor had me worried bc of his workload……he has a shit ton of miles on him…….I’m good w Swift….but personally prefer what Taylor brings to the table on a consistent every day basis

1 Like

Taylor has 26+ carries in each of the last 4 weeks. That college workload and the workload in the NFL is a lot more likely to show up as a problem a couple years from now. He is young and as strong as he’s going to be right now and the next 1-2 years. After that…well, look how fast Todd Gurley went pflflflt…

2 Likes

Yup - that’s why we need a guy like Williams…durability

Not to detract from the RB conversation, but Oruwariye has 6 picks this year, including possibly his career best today. That pick was awesome!

I know he’s had some struggles too but, he’s been quietly turning into a pretty solid CB. So, umm, thanks previous blind squirrel gm for finding that nut…

Ok that last sentence may come across weird but I’ll leave it

1 Like

Was a big Taylor fan. I hated the constant churn of small pass catching RBs

And we wonder why Stafford never had a traditional run game. We kept drafting and signing pass catching RBs for short passes out of the gun.

Too one dimensional. If there’s one thing I really dig about this new regime is their willingness to pound the f’ing ball with a true run game

4 Likes

This 100%

2 Likes

Agreed.

Slow Motion Smoking GIF

1 Like

Angry running - love it

5 Likes

Swift has been running tough, but his frame is just…not built for it like.guys like javante William’s or aj Dillon, or mark ingram, henry

Jamaal is no slouch though either

And Craig reynolds… not bad.

But Taylor had a ton of broken tackles in the college. He handled all those Carrie’s with almost zero injuries I believe.

3 Likes

Love Myself Kiss GIF by WWE

1 Like

Craig Reynolds > J-Will @BigNatty

195 yards rushing with a 5.3 yard average per carry in 2 games. Hall of fame for sure.

1 Like