Did Patricia lose the team?

I want to know if Quinn has a weekly meeting with the coaching staff.
If so, what is he asking and talking about?
Is he pissed like we are? Is Mrs. Ford pissed too?

3 Likes

Excellent questions and a very interesting thought, to be sure.

1 Like

From what I remember in Mrs. Ford’s interview, they do have weekly meetings.

2 Likes

I sure hope so.

I actually think the coaches schemed pretty well to start the game. They just shit the bed by going into prevent exactly when Murray got hot. We took the pressure off him and let them chew us up and tire out the D

The timeout was also weak coaching. You would never see a good coach flash a weak timeout and show the defense the play they were setting up with those runs. It also cut the legs out from under Stafford who should have been trusted to read coverage and make a play

2 Likes

Patricia said he ordered the timeout that nullified the potential game-clinching pass from Matthew Stafford to J.D. McKissic in the fourth quarter. Patricia said he saw the clock ticking down to zero, though Stafford appeared to mouth, “Trust me,” to his coaches when he came off the field.

1 Like

Trey Flowers is a force.

That was actually a good article by Carlis. Shocked me

I think Patricia is falling on the sword for his new OC. There us no way they had time to communicate (he says he had Bevell call TO). I don’t buy it. I think that is the HC saying the buck stops here and protecting Bevell from taking heat in his first game as our OC

And I think it really is a matter of Bevell learning to trust Matt. It was a great play call and play design. This is only their first game together and they are still building chemistry

Bevell needs to make the call then put his hands in his pockets and trust Matt. If he had done that I think we win

4 Likes

Boy was he upset at that one. I was actually really glad to see him fired up that way.

4 Likes

I agree with that one, and think Stafford would as well.

2 Likes

Patricia didn’t lose the team, but he damn sure lost the game. We were terrible in the prevent D, and it does not play to our strength at all. We literally took ourself out of our own gameplan, and everything that worked for us.
Coupled with…
We do not have the OL to munch clock with the run at the end. Effectively, we earned ourselves a 3’n’out, and another shitty drive. Again…took ourselves out of our own game plan and everything that worked for us on the offensive side of the ball too. You need to play to the strength of your players. I believe up to that point in the game, we were averaging about 2.5 yard/carry. NOT gonna get it done. Let them play football.

Play to win? OR…play to not lose. I guess technically, we didn’t lose, but we damn sure didn’t win.

Ties suck. This isn’t soccer.

2 Likes

Well there’s a bunch of astronauts happy Patricia didn’t pursue his career in rocket science

4 Likes

Should he be?

I mean, you should be able to trust your QB, but trust is earned…

that goes both ways. I don’t think these coaches have earned trust yet. Crapping the bed today doesn’t help

2 Likes

Well if they did trust him there to do his job we win the game

2 Likes

Well, we did have another shot to convert that 3rd down…

It was a critical play and the play clock was down to 1 second. Maybe Stafford could get the play going sooner than the last second and there wouldn’t have been a question for Bevell?

Interesting that in trying to protect Stafford’s a33, because had there been a delay of game putting us at 3rd and 10, Stafford would be taking the blame.

1 Like

I thought it was funny when a reporter asked Stafford if he thought they could get the play off in time.

Uh…they did. Just got whistled dead

The unfortunate thing was that the cards were expecting the run and the rollout worked. After we showed our hand the cards changed their defense.

Thanks, reporters, drive a wedge between Stafford and the coaches. That will certainly help things…

So we blew our chance to win outright, we also lucked out that CB had stone hands and dropped the game winner for the Cards. Thus, tie.

I think Flowers, Snacks, Decker and Agnew took your advice and quit before the game started yesterday. All of them sucked. I agree that the staff holds a lot of blame here, but if Snacks or Flowers would have made 1 fucking positive play in 70 minutes of football, they would have won the game. Both of them were fat, lazy and useless the entire game.