Did the Lions miss Theo Riddick?

Theo was a gimmick and he worked better in the dink and dunk, check down offense. I was not a fan of announcing to the world that it was a pass play, every single time he took the field, because he was NO threat to run the ball. I think our stable of RBs are more versatile overall than the 1 trick pony.

1 Like

The Broncos are missing him. He’s out with a shoulder injury.

I disagree but not for his running or receiving skills. He’s one of the best at picking up the blitz. We missed him in those obvious passing situations. With Theo maybe Stafford doesn’t fumble. Maybe we pick up another 3rd down or two.

I watched our RB’s fail to pick up the blitz several times in that game resulting in a change of possession.

He’s been “gone” before. If we have an injury, they’ll call him back.

2 Likes

I can’t believe he (ZZ) hasn’t caught on with another team. Is he not taking another job waiting for the Lions?
You wonder how much of that contract was guaranteed? Did the Lions pay him up front, then cut him with an agreement?
Weird.

He tried out with the Saints, but no deal apparently.

I think he signed with Denver and is on IR

Yeah, I kind of think this was one of the reasons they cut ZZ, as they knew he’d probably be available later if we needed him.

He was talking about ZZ.

1 Like

Oops.

1 Like

His internship is here in Detroit. So it’s difficult for him to take a job elsewhere unless he was a setback in his internship. I think he’s looking on towards his future as a doctor.

1 Like

The only way to find out if we have a pass catching RB is to maybe not call a time out microseconds before the ball is snapped…

I’m sure his internship can be put on hold if wanted.

1 Like

When your mid way through and your NFL career doesn’t seem to have a big future than its smarter to put the NFL career on hold.