Did we just sign Deshon Elliott? MIAMI SIGNED HIM

Can’t blame him for wanting to go to Miami. But would have liked to have kept him.

Iffy is the depth right now IMO not Harris.

4 Likes

i forgot about iffy

mmmm

true make it or break it year for him at the moment.

2 Likes

Dip back into the Ravens pool of castoffs and bring in Geno Stone.

1 Like

I remember this topic coming up last off-season maybe, but how AG uses his safeties isn’t necessarily the typical FS/SS. Please correct me if I am wrong and I don’t know schemes and defenses like that, but from what I recall AG tends to use more of a left and right safety as opposed to a FS/SS.

Essentially as long as you are strong in run support, are a solid tackler and can cover, you’re good and can be either safety. It’s kind of what has happened with Will Harris (I know not a great example) but he played safety, then CB for us and then covered at safety when injuries hit, but he was able to play both positions. So maybe that is one thing they like about Sutton (and Harris for that matter) and what they are looking for moving forward?

Yep

Man I forgot about Iffy too… right on

It sure is! I forgot about him too haha

Rapp is definitely a SS/hybrid LB type. Pretty much strictly a box safety. He’s solid vs the run and traditionally pretty awful in coverage. This past season was one of his better ones for us. That said he’s nothing to get excited over and the majority of Rams fans couldn’t wait till he was gone.

Maybe we can fuse him and Iffy together then that would make a really solid safety.

They pay him in caps lock?

Doesn’t sound like we wanted him. He signed a 1 year deal worth less than 2 million. We could have easily topped that.

Kinda surprised there was no real market for him!? Like he’s making peanuts. Backup safety money really.

1 Like

Wow! that contract tells me our staff couldn’t wait to get him out the door. His coverage skills must be really bad or he was responsible for a lot of the missed communication in the secondary. He was good in run support.

2 Likes

Or that he doesn’t want to wait and we did. There’s always plenty of options in the FA safety market.

2 Likes

It’s not even starter money. Clearly not much of a market for him.

1 Like

He did have some interesting posts on social media during the season right after we benched him. Nothing like Jamo’s Like heard around the world though. Jamo’s was far far worse. haha

4 Likes

Yeah he did post he needed to get out of Detroit or something. Wonder what that was all about, I think it came in our 1-6 stretch…

Whatever it’s fine… we can get more safeties

2 Likes

I have no source but maybe it was a fit thing on the lions part…attitude not right or something…i know his injury history doesnt help

3 Likes

Wow. That’s low. The Lions clearly didn’t look at him as the important piece that I thought he was in their offseason plan.

5 Likes

I would guess his injuries had something to do with why he accepted that contract

1 Like