Dj chark

If chark has a big year do you commit resources to bring him back or let him walk? This is assuming Williams is fully healthy and ready to go.

imo it all depends on injuries, etc. I’m not a huge fan of overpaying on skill positions when you have good multiple options. especially WRs that might MIGHT touch the ball 6 times a game on a good day.

I would do what I could to bring him back, personally. I mean…as long as it was a reasonable contract and not something completely outrageous. Having a top tier WR room can only help, and that’s what I imagine ours would be if Chark shows out. Imagine if we have a top 5 WR corps and we go out and get a monster at rb.

Homer Drool GIF

3 Likes

I think 3 things have to happen for that materialize. He’s got to ball out. He’s got to want to stay in this culture for a bit less, and he’ll have to realize there are 2 young studs that need the ball first, because they’re the future.

4 Likes

-Bring him back
-sign Big V back
-Move Fox to QB
-trade up to draft monster DT
-Draft 2nd round RB
-Win SB

2 Likes

I would try to bring him back on a 3 year deal.

8 Likes

Fox is going to get a HUGE deal … maybe he can keep it team friendly enough to keep the WR room intact.

1 Like

Give the man what he deserves and desires, and let him play whatever position he wants.

3 headed monster is better then two. Plus hock and swift. Now are the guys willing to save the team some money is the real question

2 Likes

you can’t give one player a massive deal and pinch pennies all over , I saw this show here before and do NOT want a rerun !

4 Likes

If Goff and him have a connection and he has a great year, I’d for sure consider bringing him back. He’s still pretty young. But, we gotta wait and see of course. Chark is coming off a serious injury and missed most of last season. So is Williams and so is Cephus. All 3 coming back from offseason surgery.

3 Likes

That brings up an interesting question. If chark balls out to say the tune of 1,100 yards and 10 td. You then have a 25 year old receiver that’s 6’3 and runs a 4.3 40 with 2 pro bowl caliber seasons under his belt. If that happens I say bring him back if you can get him for Christian Kirk money.

4 Likes

If chark and hockenson both have great seasons who do you give the big contact to? Is receiver in today’s game that much more valuable than a pro bowl tight end?

2 Likes

Same. 3 year deal puts us right when we gotta sign JMo to his 1st extension post rookie contract.

Chark + JMo has the potential to make our offense truly dynamic. Stressing the D with 2 4.3 40 guys is really going to open up the middle of the field and will dictate what the defense has to do. If they don’t play 2 deep then either Chark or JMo will have 1v1 coverage. We lose Chark and the D can just roll coverage to JMo to neutralize him and drop an extra defender to take away Hock or the Sun God.

3 Likes

Are you thinking something along the lines of kirks deal?

You’re assuming of course that our run game isn’t kicking the shit out of them. Because then they don’t have an extra defender to spare for pass defense. :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

I think could do both. Hock would be my 1st choice though.

Dude plays MULTIPLE positions, bruh!

I would look into extending Jonah Jackson first. His rookie contract is up after next season. He could potentially be a two time pro bowl guard that can also fill in at center. He won’t be a cheap resign. I’d rather keep this offensive line intact.

1 Like

Better looking one! Duh!