DJ mock draft 3.0

Hey I’ve got an idea! Why don’t we just take Fields and then FORCE someone to hand over a bevy of picks for him!!! (insert sarcasm emoji)

I cannot stand the love for Justin Fields. Like I don’t get it at all. He completed 7 throws TOTAL to targets last year that wasn’t his first read. That’s a joke. And if you watch OSU play, their WRs are WIDE OPEN all day long. Like it looks like they are playing high school teams.

Also for me personally, idc if my QB runs a 4.5 40. Speed and mobility are quite far down the list of important qualities of a winning QB.

That anonymous statement has been contested and largely proven to be false:

PFF grade counters narrative Fields is one-read quarterback

Dan Orlovsky shreds critics who say Justin Fields can’t get off first read

Justin Fields: QB1

1 Like

Got a source for this?

Drafting a QB is like buying a lottery ticket. I would be in for Fields and… hope both him and Goff look good in 1 to 2 years, and then we can clip Goff.

That article is funny. Says he has the best rating in college football when going to his second read. Then the next paragraph says he definitely needs to work on going through his progressions.

If he’s the best in all of college football, then that shouldn’t be mention as a priority. Pretty conflicting…

1 Like

I would tend to think that ALL college QBs still need to work on just about every aspect of their game. :thinking:

Nobody is saying he is a “finished product”.

I’m hoping the Lions supposed interest in a QB is nothing more than a smokescreen to get the player they really want to drop to them.

Also, i haven’t seen anything that says it’s false that he completed more than 7 passes last year after his first progression. And # of attempts also matter. What if fields hit exactly 60 attempts (which is how you fit a narrative to debate why you believe something is false) and everyone else on that list has 200+…60 attempts is extremely low I feel. What is that 20ish total games? Maybe more? So 3 per game, seems like an extremely weak sample size. Also, the fewer attempts you have means each attempt is much more impactful when talking about overall rating.

Both links you provided don’t prove anything other than exactly what it’s targeting. A small sample to debunk whats widely the view on Justin Fields and his ability to go through progressions

You have got to be kidding me right? So that’s assuming that he produced negatively without any evidence, unless you can get me that source I asked for?

1 Like

I heard Sewell is going to sit out the season and re-enter the draft if he is drafted by the Lions. I can’t find anything refuting it and you can’t either, so therefore we have to consider it true!

2 Likes

Do you think PFF would rate him at 90.6 if he completed 7 out of 60 passes???

No my god that dates back to 2019! Did you not read that I said 20+ games? Do people just want to talk and not respond to a response? Yes it is possible for him to only have completed 7 last season, and 28 for example the previous year.

Like I said, it hasn’t been proven that him only completing 7 last season wasn’t true.

And for the guy asking for a link to prove it. Idgaf about Justin fields. And many, if not all had heard the same thing I did. I believe it was Todd mcshay who said it. But I’m not going to go searching for it to please the one guy who missed it.

This is why boards are so frustrating to have discussions on. The cherry picking of a discussion. Picking out one thing and hammering someone on it. I explained myself thoroughly and I get a response that clearly ignored largely what I said

You posed that as a hypothetical. We aren’t twisting your words, we’re using what you actually said.

Don’t believe me?

With their wide receivers open like you state…why wouldn’t he go with his first read?

1 Like

LMAO so again, picking out 1 thing, that fits what you want. Did the article not say since 2019?

Yes, I am talking hypotheticals. Why on earth would it be stated that he struggles to get through his second read? Seriously why? And my answer is maybe he does it less than anyone else. Maybe he has 60 attempts over the last 2 years and the rest have 200? I don’t know this to be true, I am just regurgitating what I have heard.

The knock on fields has been his progressions. Is This is generated out of thin air. Hence my hypothetical theory as to why

I think taking a QB when you already have an upper tier starter makes sense…if you’re the Packers and already have a solid team and a culture of winning in place. The Lions need entirely too much help to be spending on luxury picks right now.

Here is McShay’s quote… from anonymous “teams”:

"It’s not about Fields falling or anything about his skill set. He is probably the most physically gifted quarterback in this class. The only issue when I talk to teams is that he over 200 passes last year, 200 plus were off his first read and only seven were him sitting in the pocket going from progression one to progression two.

McShay didn’t even mention completions on 7 passes… he actually tried to pass of 7 attempts as being a true statement.

McShay also said in same article

“Everyone’s yelling at me about Justin FieldsI’ve got him at three overall and I’ve got a team trading up from eight to give away a lot of picks to go get him,” McShay said March 5. "I think he’s so physically gifted. I think he has really good football intelligence.

I am not cherry-picking… but perhaps McShay’s comment was cherry-picked?

The screenshot below is from the same article I linked earlier… and is from 2020 games… and does not even include the Clemson game where he hit Olave on that big-time bomb that was about his 3rd read of the play.

This article has specific numbers that contradict McShay’s assertion.

I find it frustrating when something is posted as “fact”… even when it is blatantly false.

1 Like

Thank you! This is a response that makes sense. I would throw to my wide open WRs too. I was just stating why he isn’t impressive to me. OSU and Bama both look like they play vs JV teams. Hard to get a good read on what they are really able to do.

Now why didn’t you come with this the first time? This is a great response and discredits a lot of what I said. This I can appreciate.

1 Like