DJ Shark expected to swim more this week

kyle meinke

@kmeinke

8m

DJ Chark expected to play more this week. Was limited to 11 offensive snaps in his return from the ankle injury on Sunday

3 Likes

Hope he didn’t pull anything during the win celebration.

4 Likes

Maybe he can actually catch a ball and go over 100 yards receiving for the season.

3 Likes

Looking at next year, assuming Jamo is healthy and ready to rock, st brown, I would take Chark back at a little above vet minimum, like $1-2 mil a year as our 3rd/4th WR. Maybe that was the plan all along…

2 Likes

Jamo, St Brown, 2nd rounder, Raymond and Kennedy is all I want for next year. Chark and Reynolds can move on along. Maybe they’ll play their tails off, but as it is now I prefer guys that will battle for contested balls and bail the QB out better.

2 Likes

I would be very good with that group. And I agree keep Kennedy, he is always solid when called upon.

I could see reynolds coming back because he has the connection with Goff, but if we are adding a rookie to the group, I can understand.

1 Like

I’d keep Reynolds over Kennedy in a heartbeat. Pre-injury, he was having a career season and Goff really trusts him.

6 Likes

We’ll have 7 more games of information before that of course.

But I’m for drafting Quentin Johnston and adding him to the mix of Jamo and St. Brown. DBs would have wear Depends against us, except possibly the Browns…

1 Like

I’m just not into tying up money on IR.
Love Cephus, too. When he plays.
I’d cut him and Chark in favor of Raymond and Kennedy in a heartbeat.
Ability means nothing without availability. Both those guys were way above Kennedy on the depth chart, but, all Tom does is make plays.
Compare the stats. Kennedy’s availability blows their ability away.

2 Likes

Plus, it leaves room for developmental players on the practice squad.

He’s given up on too many plays and been moved off the ball by the DB too easily for my liking. I’m replacing him in the 2nd round this year.

2 Likes

He’ll be out for a sprained pectoral fin.

3 Likes

All this. He signed a 2 yr deal anyways right? Hes back regardless…

3 Likes

Who?

1 Like

If Chark can finish the yr healthy, and start to be on par with what he can be, i keep him for a yr. His speed opposite Jamo could really open up room for Amon Ra. He’s a 4.3 guy himself if memory serves

3 Likes

Yeah, he is under contract next year for $4m or $750k dead cap to cut.

He would be our 3rd receiver over Chark easily, and you cant get a vet at $4m to do better guven his knowledge of the system, connection w Goff and buy in to the program.

Chark can take $2m and be Cephus. Thats who is going away.

4 Likes

Love your new avatar!
You watch Brickleberry as well?..that’s some funny chit right there.

1 Like

Yeah you’re right. Agree with both you and @LionFrog

I liked Chark for the potential but just like Cephus, availability is the biggest issue.

That jump ball they threw to Cephus didn’t look good and I didn’t see him targeted on anything else.

Definitely am with ya there

Baby Shark Swimming GIF by Super Simple

Doooooooo Doooooooo Do something Chark!!!

3 Likes

His back is his injury designation on the injury report! So yes, hes back is correct!

2 Likes