Do we really need all these draft picks? 🤔

Tonight’s signing of Chauncey has brought me to a troubling conclusion. We’re likely going to be drafting more players than we can reasonably expect to go into the season with. Brad “aw-shucks-don’t-expect-much-in-free-agency” Holmes has performed a minor miracle in bringing in quality players, at a reasonable price, to begin making me have some of those hopeful delusions again.

Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

Which brings me to an idea I didn’t really entertain seriously until now. Could Will Anderson be in the “cards”?

Seriously, what would it take to move from 6 to 3?

Anderson is described as a generational talent, and it seems that the Lions team needs have graduated from quantity to quality. Can you even imagine having Anderson, Hutch, and Houston coming down the throat? Gives me chills just thinking about it.

The Cardinals have holes, lots of huge, gaping holes up and down their lineup, and another starched martinet from the Patriot Way as their GM. We have draft picks aplenty and we shouldn’t have to sell the farm to go three spots up.

Is this on the table as a realistic idea now? If so, what’s best guess price to be paid?

8 Likes

It could very well happen. I’m also wondering if Okudah is possibly cut now, Big V, we draft a guard and Corner in round 1.

1 Like

I can not like this post enough

3 Likes

You can never have enough DB talent, and I have high hopes for Okudah, but I am wondering myself. CGJ is likely our movable chess piece that will guard the slot. That means more often than not we will have 2 CBs on the field. Moseley is expected to be ready for training camp. This staff also loves Jerry Jacobs.

Unless we got solid value (3rd rounder), I’m holding onto Okudah though. I still think he has the potential to be the best CB we have.

4 Likes

I tend to think they’ll give him this year as well. He’s not worth a 3rd I don’t believe. We do need a CB in case all these 1 or 2 year deals don’t resign or workout long term.

RB, QB, WR, G, DT, LB

6 players you could place on the roster without bumping anyone that you’d have to think twice about.

7 Likes

If everyone is healthy, Okudah might not even see the field and he’s making the most money. Pretty crazy. He’s 4th or 5th on my depth chart for corners.

3 Likes

Have to start looking at 2024 and beyond with these draft picks. Who’s likely to be gone after the 2023 season that we can fill with these picks. Still wide open if you ask me.

1 Like

I don’t want Anderson Jr. He’s small, not a great tackler, and he doesn’t even have good bend. If we have too many picks, trade some for future picks.

3 Likes

My head is spinning.

2 Likes

Exactly, let them sit for a year and learn than take over. To me this draft has so many options it’s crazy. Who knows what they’ll do. I think this free agency shows they expect to go a long way in these playoffs so they want possible year 1 difference makers.

1 Like

The cost to move up to #3 is going to be enormous just based on the rumors they were asking for the Panthers to move there

This is what I see too, man. We could either move up this year…OR… trade for higher future picks.
Let’s get on the phone with the vikings!!!

Yup - some of these new cats are only on one year deals too.
Might be buying time to get more development form youngsters?
Room for error in selection process

You may be right. I thought Sutton may slide to nickel in those packages to get Moseley, Okudah, and Sutton on the field. With CGJ, that isn’t an option. One of those three won’t see the field much unless injuries happen. That is if Jacobs doesn’t doesn’t steal a spot.

1 Like

Great problem to have!!

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

1 Like

All along i have thought that a draft priority would be to pick up a 24 1st or 2nd round pick

If the Lions do go DE, my bet is they want Tyree Wilson. I love Will Anderson, but he is light for what we are looking for. I’d have 0 issues or concerns if we take him, but my guess is that the Lions want Tyree as he brings more size to the opposite with Hutch, and his wingspan make him an athletic freak. Having Hutch and Wilson crashing down, and using Paschal and Houston as the spell edges for each side gives you tons of flexibility.

The big issue still remains inside. We need to help McNeil and get size in the middle. I still wonder if a Jerrod Clark or similar type is what the Lions are looking for. If we had that kind of size in the middle, and Hutch/Wilson or Hutch/Anderson on the edges… Oh my.

2 Likes

I’m Rock solid right now

3 Likes

Was thinking the same the other day when wondering about all the future extensions and can crunch we’ll be in.

If we’re on the cusp of the next step, I wouldn’t mind moving up by using both #1s. Two players would be great if we finishing sub .500, however I feel we now can take that step and get a superstar over 2 potential starters.

Beyond excited for this draft, as I feel everything and everyone is in play.

2 Likes

QB and D-line are the positions I don’t want to go. I don’t want Richardson or Levis. I expect Bryce and Stroud to be gone 1 and 2. I don’t like any of the D-line players except Kancey. Outside of that it’s one of the laziest players I’ve ever seen and a bunch of reaches.

1 Like