Do you think we should ditch the Honolulu Blue?

If we want a new start, shouldn’t we go all out? we never won anything in or with these colors anyway. TBH I think The Saints colors look much more like actual Lion…the Golden Mane and fur , the Black around their paws, mouths, and eyes… is it time to move on?

I would hate it if they changed colors. To me that would be akin to the Wolverines or the Rams changing their helmet graphics. Heresy!!

If they had to change colors, I’d want them to change to yellow and green, so that our offensive holding calls would magically plummet.

4 Likes

They should go to a more generic blue. Other than that they need to go to more generic jerseys too. I like the helmet and shoulder stripe designs. We just need a more basic, less eccentric blue, and block numbers. The blue is iconic.

I love our colors, but it’s old and stale IMO…they have nothing to do with winning i get it, yet our opponents have tweaked their colors, logo’s , look, and stay fresher and more recent…we could do a tribute to H-Blue on new jerseys…we are in 2021 season come out fresh, new , different lions.

Heresy.

4 Likes

Did Honolulu blue play it’s way off the team?

6 Likes

Clap Good Job GIF by Team Coco

1 Like

I’m usually open to this sort of thing, but I can’t envision watching them without the HB. I’d be ok with “special” jerseys that highlight another color (gray, black, etc.) with minimal HB accents worn for prime time games or something like that. I’d LOVE a uniform fitted around the 1961-69 logo that they wear on Thanksgiving games.

I’m usually not open to this, but I wonder if it would have any impact in the long run…we have lost our asses for 60 years, very little has changed except for our beliefs now in THIS regime and the possibility of better things for The Detroit Lions . I want fans and opponents to look at the team and worry about THIS team…I don’t know what they’d think if we showed up with new uniforms to. shrug. a ‘Whole NEW Lions’ . I want our opponents to dread facing us, instead of saying/thinking “lol it’s the Lions…lucky if they don’t beat themselves .” “what a joke.”

1 Like

Get the &@! out of here with this bull@&#.

2 Likes

welcome Jim.

1 Like

Not much tweaking of colors in the NFC North.

1 Like

I’m likely in the minority here but honestly? I like all silver uniforms. Maybe could do with a different helmet design and a few other tweaks, but I dig em.

1 Like

Love them also…

Jefe has been freed

1 Like

Uniform colors have nothing to do with winning or losing. Changing colors-for any sports team-is a desperation move. The Honolulu blue are some of the best looking uniforms in football. I hope to never have to see those horrible, drab grey things ever again. If there’s any change it should be to go to the old style uniforms.

2 Likes

Yeah, I can’t spite tradition, foul history aside.

The Honolulu blue and sliver can look sweet together. Issue is, it comes out looking Honolulu blue and earth gray.

If we can get a Nike colorist in here, we’re set. That’s all that’s been missing - this whole. damn. time.

I say MORE Honolulu blue, (true) silver accents. Boom.

3 Likes

Millen tried changing the unis. It sucked. Honolulu forever

2 Likes

I’ve always wanted them to go back to the og color of navy blue. The colors we wore when we were winning championships.

1 Like

Seriously, they should don the Michigan Panthers uni style for a game. Those things were bad ass!

2 Likes

Me, leave it as is…

1 Like