Does Davis still make the team?

Okay so what is your way too early opening day lber depth chart? Do the two rookies make it?

Anzalone
Barnes
Board
Davis
Pittman
Beckett
Berry
Lemonier
Dion hamilton
Woods
Rodriguez
Houston

Keeping 5 or 6 lb, not counting olb/de in this

Anzalone/barnes/board/davis/Rodriguez/houston

Howany do you think we keep and does davis make it over either of the rooks?

1 Like

We’re going to cut some good players this season.
As a veteran, Davis has every advantage. If he doesn’t make the cut, he will have earned it.

3 Likes

My way-too-early chart says neither Davis nor Woods make it.

3 Likes

So we may have had about a 500 post thread and a whole bunch of hand wringing only for him to be dropped off the roster by our 6th round picks. Would be fantastic if brad is as good as he appears to be.

5 Likes

That’s hilarious. I think The Den has a bigger investment in Davis than the Lions do at this point.

5 Likes

I think it is safe to say that Davis has drafted himself off the roster.

3 Likes

I almost went that route that is fantastic!

Anzalone
Hamilton
Barnes
Davis
Pittman
Houston
Rodriguez

Lions LOVE Dion Hamilton. He was getting first team reps before his injury. Keep the two late picks bc of intrigue and athleticism.

3 Likes

I will say that i really like the way that they are priorizing the dline and getting guys with athletic traits to roam behind them. Hopefully they can be kept clean behind the dline and we can finally get a good run defense for the first time since 2014 or so

2 Likes

You are cutting board for pittman and davis… interesting… you also are thinking 7 ilb?

1 Like

Not necessarily. It’s April….alot can change before sept 12. But I know they love anzalone. They love Barnes but want to continue to see growth from him. They really like Hamilton. Aside from that it’s all guesswork. I might keep the two rookies bc of their traits and this coaching staff’s ability to coach em up……but they could get to camp and suck……they are super late picks after all. They are going to be playing a 4-2-5 so it is very very rare you see more then 2 of these guys in the field at the same time. Think 5-6 make the team. Think the group they keep is from the people I mentioned.

3 Likes

Ya okay i was thinking a way too early opening depth chart. I do agree it will be between 5 or 6 kept.

1 Like

Yeah… I think if Board is healthy at all… he makes the team.
He is GREAT on special teams and good in coverage.
If he can play for the Ravens defense… he can play on this one.

3 Likes

I 100% expect Davis to play this year.

1 Like

My main purpose of the thread was 1 the hatred for davis that has been communicated on this board. 2 the relentless hand wringing as we passed on lbers. 3 the fact we really will only have 2 on the field at a time as you mentioned. So with the draft complete and the guys on the roster who are those 5-6 if you chose right now and are you satisfied or how are you feeling

2 Likes

He certainly doesnt have much commitment to him financially so it will be interesting to see, but it wouldnt surprise me if he stays

Davis isn’t losing out to the likes of Beckett, Woods and Pittman. He will be on the team.

If they keep 6 i have him making it, if they keep 5 i am much less firm

1 Like

Anzalone
Barnes
Board
Hamilton
Davis

Plus one of Rodriguez/Houston is my way too early guess.

Could see and would prefer to see one of Hamilton or Davis traded to team who has preseason injury issues for a 7th round pick (which we currently don’t have). Allow us to keep both rooks or another camp preformer.

2 Likes

I’m wondering if they use Houston as more of a situational pass rusher and list him as an OLB who can also move inside.

3 Likes