Does Jalen Carter pass the test?

Many are saying 4 QB’s are going top 5, while AZ takes Anderson. Which leads us to Jalen Carter. We know he raced on a highway. We know he lied about it. We know he previously clocked 86 in a 45 mph zone. We know McShay, without much support, has called out his character.

We know Carter has defended himself saying “I’m a good guy”. A couple teammates say they love playing with him. And he bought a walk-on lunch every day becuse he wasn’t eligible for a free lunch. But… not much about being a hard worker, a leader, etc, etc,

Does Jalen Carter pass the MCDC “No turds” test? Do we draft him if he’s there?

Draft him.
We get the best Georgia DL and Hutchinson

even though Jax thought they were getting the best Georgia DL…we hit gold twice there

2 Likes

Well Carter is fast with excellent acceleration. There’s that I guess.

3 Likes

We just did a poll. The board is about 50/50 on that.

To be honest, I think there were enough red flags regarding effort and drive that he wasn’t high on the Lions’ board. His leaving the scene seals it. :no_entry_sign: :poop:

3 Likes

Rumor is he’s off our board.

So he doesn’t pass the test I’d assume.

2 Likes

Oh rumors …I love them so, so much.

3 Likes

Well if he was in fact racing at 100 mph, there’s a good possibility he was a pretty good distance down the road while stuff was getting real

None of us were there, none of us really knows, so maybe he shoulda flipped a U turn, maybe he was panicked…maybe, maybe maybe

I’d find it hard to believe at this point the “rumors”

All this could change in either direction in the next 40 days or so, my opinions too

2 Likes

He registered a 10.0 on the Turd RAS.

3 Likes

I am …C L U E L E S S

I would love for him to be the missing link between us & the SB, but if Bradley thinks otherwise, I trust the bald one.

My 10 year search for a defensive tackle has my brain melting over this situation.

5 Likes

That proved he could be elusive.

1 Like

Has Jalen tried the Kilometers excuse. I should get in on this. Could be some lucrative consulting work.

Jailin Carter

1 Like

So we don’t think our culture can absorb one dude with a question mark? Pete Carrol felt he could get most players with question marks to buy in. And stay on track. Wouldn’t this be the next step in DC’s development? Or do we have to pass up a talent like Carter because he would cause havoc on the team?

Beat me to it!

If he falls into our lap, you can’t pass.
Spending multiple picks is a hard pass, in my book.
Drafting a guy that likes to drive fast when he drinks is a huge risk. Two people in his circle have already died.

I think you take him if he’s there. Best player in the draft. You have to do your due diligence and be fairly confident he comes out relatively unscathed in his legal matters.

1 Like

I mean………long answer he does not. Short answer: No.

Red flags!? I think you mean checkered. :checkered_flag::checkered_flag:

1 Like

Yup and can’t wait for the Lions to steal him at 6!